Game Day vs USC! Can the Utes continue their march to the tournament title?

Easy to do when the refs cater to your whim.

The rule…

No autopsy, No foul.

Just landed in SLC and saw a couple of the players. Talked to Ian Martinez briefly and gave him kudos…those two free throws were seriously clutch. He’s legitimately 6’3".

1 Like

Really hope Ian is with the team next season. Really came on the last month of the season. He’s a baller and fun to watch.

Amen.

I’ll see your Dave Schultz, and raise you one John Wensink.

1 Like

There was 3 to make 2. 2 to make 1. One FT for each of the first 6 fouls before the bonus kicked in. Force out. Probably a few more I don’t remember.

Oh yeah. And you could pass the ball to a teammate off the cage that surrounded the court. :laughing:

Hence, why they call them “cagers”

I’m glad to see the Buffs and Beavs in the championship game. Anyone but UO and USC.

Last night during the championship game the announcers said this was only the 2nd time OSU had made the conference tournament championship game, the only other time was in 1988.

Now, I’m as frustrated as anyone with the current state of the Bball program, but the Utes under coach K have already made the championship game twice. I’m not saying the program shouldn’t make a change, but he’s been more successful than OSU who has been in the PAC for many decades.

3 Likes

He has actual NBA potential if he can get a consistent three point shot. He’s no timmy allen from deep, he just needs more confidence. Pack on a few pounds, and a year or two of experience, he’s going to be great on offense and defense.