Gach to either go pro or leave utah

Love watching core players leave.

calling a guy who lost his starting spot because he was playing so horribly a core player is kind of funny. I mean, I wish we could have kept him, but the guard rotation was set to be super overcrowded, and he was the odd man out. Plummer is better. Jones is better. The new guards coming in are almost certainly at least as good as he is.

Wish he could have lived up to his immense potential, but he never came close to that for anything more than a game or two. Lets not forget how absolutely awful he was for the majority of the year.

One of the three main guards had to go to make things work with the new guys. Would you have wanted one of the other two to go?

5 Likes

That stinks. Hope he fails wherever he ends up, cuz I’m bitter about things like that.

2 Likes

meh

1 Like

was there more going on at the end of the year when he missed a number of games? Larry said it was a weird injury, but I wondered if there was more to it?

we need to make room for next years transfers anyway

1 Like

I’ll say it. I’ve had about enough of Kristkowiak.

6 Likes

I mean, it’s tournament or nothing for him now.

2 Likes

UTAH F’ING STATE!!!

1 Like

I don’t want to hear another story about a guy who had a bad attitude. Sick of it.

2 Likes

But don’t worry. We’ve got a great freshman class coming in. For a while.

4 Likes

If Allen transfers I will have to rethink renewing basketball tix. And I will tell the university why I’m not renewing. This is getting ridiculous.

4 Likes

Nrwbomb you can tell them but I guarantee you thst until hundreds, of not a couple thousand choose not to renew they won’t care. They don’t care about the issues I raised until I didn’t renew. Even then it felt like a tepid response

2 Likes

Will not at all be surprised if Timmy also bails.

1 Like

Is that speculation or is that based on information you get from being part of the Utegoisie on those pay recruiting sites?

I didn’t watch all the games last year but those I did watch it appeared that Allen was struggling with the situation. He didn’t appear happy to be part of the team.

1 Like

If Allen leaves, Larry needs to be canned.

1 Like

And I bet both of those things will happen.

I said this on twitter and ill say it again here…the optics of losing Gach are significantly worse than the on-court loss. Im not saying that our team is better without him, he has natural tools that no one on the roster currently has. But at the same time…

-He was a terrible fit next to Rylan Jones. He needs the ball in his hands but is only good at attacking, not running an offense.
-His stance and effort on defense would have made Majerus submit his resignation.
-Opposing defense rightfully allowed him as many open looks from 3 as he could get.
-He was on his way to a backup role this year. If not right away, almost certainly by the end of the year.

4 Likes

People say that transfers are the norm. Okay. When do we start to see some of them come to Utah instead of just leaving Utah?

2 Likes

Is that speculation or based on inside info?