Gach is back

Tell a friend.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I was sad when he left. He can score a ton…every once in a while. He just lacked consistency. After doing nothing at Minnesota, it seems very unlikely that he finds that consistency, but why not give it a shot since we have holes to fill?

4 Likes

One of my favorite nicknames “gach scratch fever”

Hopefully he won’t miss 26 straight (not an exaggeration) 3s again

1 Like

I was starting to count them once the streak exceeded 20.

Gach needs a more free flowing offense to utilize his skills. He always started the season and then when conference play started and the Utes stopped pushing the ball, he struggled. Hope he has success.

Two - so it’s like he never left. Or consider last year a redshirt/ year off where he took a rotational to the Big Ten.

1 Like

We have 10 guards already, but I like Gach’s game

1 Like

In 22 conference games, including the conference tournament, BG put up 4.3 points on 31/21/71 splits (1.1 fta per game) 2.7 boards, 1.4 assists, .5 steals, 1.4 turnovers per game.

I mean…those are some very, very fair reasons to be skeptical about this signing.

Its also a bit confusing because we needed a guy to run the point when Worster is not in the game. Is Both that guy? I don’t think anyone disputes his athleticism but his talent and ability are very much in question, as is effort. Craig is going to really need some magic on this one. But…CS just wins wherever he goes so…Im going to shut up and watch this play out.

1 Like

It’s June 3. Both has been a starting Pac-12 guard…I think you just take him and hope for the best. If he does wake up and starting playing to his potential, he could end up starting over Worster. I don’t think that’s likely, but how many other guys still available can you say that about?

what I like about Both is he played his best ball against our better opponents in 2019.

Kentucky - 14 points
Minnesota - 19 points
Oregon - 24 points
California - 19 points
Colorado - 28 points

4 Likes

One of his Sudanese buddies worked where I work. He told me Gach really got some confidence playing with some NBA guys in a summer league in Phoenix, felt like he could play at that level (of the summer league, at least).

I was disappointed to see him leave, but wish him well in his journey…back here in SLC.

2 Likes

Another long athletic wing. Can you have to many of those probably but I don’t think we are there yet. Two more to go.

1 Like

Worster seems more suited as a backup PG at this point. We still don’t have a starting PG.

you forgot:

1. has no visible scars
  2. does not live with parents

:slight_smile:

1 Like

He comes across as having athleticism. He seems a bit reluctant to play inside and a large percentage of his shot attempts are treys. If anything he needs to take more pull up jumpers from 15 feet (especially when the long shots are not dropping) and drive to the hoop more.

At least he’s a familiar face we can watch this season.

No.

Yes.

1 Like

I think it’s encouraging to see the coach being selective about who he offers, and seems to have a plan and a SYSTEM, despite initial misfires. I was really done with the revolving door, new team cobbled together with transfers because of bad fits or busts or interpersonal interactions with coaches, and catch as catch can program every cotton pickin’ year.

Those fretting already before even a game is played and this coach has had more than a smattering of a recruiting season at the helm here need to get a life. I’m taking the long view. A sports program is like the stock market.

Yup. With his body and athleticism he should be able to score in the paint. I’m concerned about him shooting too much. It’s a nice gesture to the program that he is coming back but frankly I think he is too inconsistent and it looks like he did a whole lot of nothing at Minnesota from what I’ve heard. He has starting experience in the P12, but I cringe thinking about him shooting. That 3 pt drought was epic.