Dodgers to the World Series!

My only complaint is Betts would have been my MVP.

1 Like

I’m agnostic about moneyball and don’t really care if teams use it or not. I do sympathize with a pitcher who’s striking out batter after batter and gets pulled in the 6th inning because that’s what the numbers say should happen. But he’s getting paid lots of money and if the team management thinks stats should rule, that’s OK with me. Besides, as a Dodgers fan I was happy to see Snell leave the field. :grin:

Sadly, because baseball has no salary cap, you either pony up the $ or you’re doomed to lose to those who do. This began with the Yankees, spread to the Red Sox, and now is accepted as the price of winning. It takes a lot of the magic out of MLB, but this time it worked for my team so I am enjoying it.

1 Like

:rofl: Sad, true and funny all at once, @Ma-ake.

Did anyone else notice that Betts & his wife looked maybe a bit… worried in the post game?

I thought that was a bit off… until I heard the news about Turner’s positive.

I’m glad they won, for all the good reasons. But the Turner positive curve ball (cough) was weird.

2020…

At least something Great happened in 2020:

1 Like

If he would chill I am down for my city (looking at buying a house in Pasadena or Claremont to split my time).

@LAUte and I are on the same side in Baseball (I think in all pro sports since as a child of LA I pull for Dodgers, Lakers and Rams). This may set up 2024 World Champ run:

1 Like

That’s not going to happen. The Rockies are going to sign him, sign exactly zero other players to support him, finish 80-82 in 4th place for 2 years, trade him for prospects and a cash payment to the other team in year 3 and he will finally go on to win a World Series in Seattle.

4 Likes

This is so spot-on to how Monfort runs that team.

4 Likes

They’d sell out every good weather home game for people to come see Ohtani and make big bank and sell lots of condos. It’s perfect.

4 Likes

The Sho Show will likely sign with a team with a track record of winning.

If the Yankees weren’t so over the luxury tax cap, they might make a run at him. Same for the Saux.

Chicago, like the Angels has been too erratic a team to make a move signing there.

The Rockies…though Coors Canaveral is a hitter’s park, it’s sucks to be a pitcher in a hitter’s park. You can add the Giants to that list, too.

The Braves have a park and a team that would be worth signing with, if they are interested.

Houston and Texas…???

Seattle…Asian American friendly place, but the ballpark is another hitter’s park.

Hate to say it, but even if he decides to leave money on the table to help the team, the Los Doyers are probably the best fit for him to achieve a ring.

2 Likes

Maybe he can lift the curse.

2 Likes

Ohtani is going to be 30, we’re not sure he can pitch again (although these elbow tendon surgeries are like a mark of heroism for today’s pitchers), and he’s surly with the press. I’m not sure he’s worth $600 million. But if the Dodgers want him, I’ll be ecstatic.

Don’t forget about the singles bar in the outfield, that seems to be a real draw and profit center.

1 Like

Don’t forget that, though not at the scale of the Giant’s park, Dodger stadium has historically been one of the best pitchers park around.

1 Like

Is that the Kershaw curse?

1 Like

It’s beyond that. Clayton is simply the Dodger who is most vulnerable to the curse.

1 Like