Dodgers to the World Series!

If they lose the WS it’s going to be because of this game.

Ugh, good thing there’s an nfl game on tonight. Can’t follow an all time classic with this.

I’m hoping we get to see a game 7. Give me something to do tomorrow night.

Tampa. City of Champions? That just doesn’t feel right.

1 Like

Well, at least the Yankees didn’t win the World Series.

4 Likes

Nice to see Kershaw get that monkey off his back.

I’m glad Dave Roberts chose baseball instead of playing QB at Air Force, because he would have been a handful.

Amazing convoy of relief pitching.

And now the most bizarre fact of this game - Turner was pulled because his daily Covid test came back positive, during the game, which is why Rios came in.

1 Like

It’s been a long time! A bright spot in 2020!!

3 Likes

Congrats LA. Still kills me that my Tigers didn’t get it done in the verlander cabrera years.

1 Like

Lakers & Dodgers winning titles means the 1980s are BACK!

1 Like

Glad they won.

Freeway Series next year when the “Rally Monkey” gets the Angels back to winning.

Yes, getting to see this happen is on my bucket list. It’s been on my bucket list for since I was 10.

1 Like

I’d love that. Dodgers vs. The Anaheim Franchise. (I tease my Angels fan buddies that way.)

Booooo!!!

What do managers do other than make bad “gut” decisions about when to pull pitchers?

Haters gonna hate but my happiness is secure! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve heard that they try to base those decisions in statistics, a la Moneyball. Last night Snell was smothering the Dodgers and seemed justifiably upset when he was pulled. But there was something about his pitch count that was the basis for the decision.

It’s always nice to see the computers fail. Remind us that we aren’t at Terminator levels of AI yet.

Was hoping to see a game 7, but a great series. But now what sports will there be on weekdays? We’ve had the NHL, NBA, and MLB playoffs over the last few months. Now it’s waiting until weekend for football.

1 Like

Wouldn’t last night be an argument FOR moneyball because the Dodgers won, and they did it with their bullpen?

Also, aren’t the Dodgers and Rays the two biggest believers in moneyball?

1 Like

I know the Dodgers are believers in spending large amounts of money.

1 Like

I mean, it is called moneyball amiright…hello, hello, is this thing on?