Dodgers to the World Series!

Allow me just this moment of joy and triumph here.

Congrats, Dodgers are fun to watch, I hope they win the World Series.

2 Likes

1 Like

Go Doyers!

1 Like

Thanks. I have Dodgers Fan PTSD so I expect them to blow it again.

1 Like

Very typical of the characters who show up at Dodgers games. They’re part of what I love about Chavez Ravine.

1 Like

And here I thought it was the drive to and from the stadium where you may get your car stripped at a signal light…with you still sitting in it.

1 Like

Yes!

Dodgers are my MLB team. A lot of fun to to watch, especially this year, with the delayed sports reality.

Chavez Ravine, the earthquake game last year, palm trees, Billie Jean King bobblehead night, Hersheiser, the infectious enthusiasm of Dave Roberts.

• Fun fact - Dave Roberts was all set to go to the Air Force Academy out of HS as a QB, but decided to play BB instead at UCLA

• Justin Turner may look like a hillbilly, but he’s actually a SoCal kid, and pretty funny. The live interviews of position players during the games were really interesting, for non-fans, it’s instructive how much is actually going on during every pitch, with defensive plays, etc. Turner on the mic was hilarious.

(Fetches foul ball grounder “Yeah, apparently we forgot to put ball boys in the deal. You need watch out for fouls hit to the guy behind me, though, AJ Pollack. He throws into the crowd of cardboard fans at a 100mph, out there playing Down a Clown.”)

2 Likes

Not true. That only happens when Giants fans are around. You have to watch those guys.

1 Like

Good for them. Sadly my B-i-L’s wife will be upset. She’s a Braves fan, and they managed to get to one or 2 of the CS games.

My team, Cubs, has been a roller coaster ride since winning the Series a few years ago. I can only hope that they figure it out again soon. Not likely, but hey, we can all hope.

So, good luck to the Dodgers.

1 Like

The series started to turn at the end of game 2 where the Dodgers scored 4 in the bottom of the 9th, where the rally fell just short in a 8-7 Braves win. That put Atlanta up 2 games to nothing but the momentum from that rally carried over into the next game where they put up a post season record 11 runs in the 1st inning.

Looking forward to an entertaining World Series.

1 Like

Giantfan does not strip your car. He may remove your Die Hard and throw it at you…Ok, he will throw the D cells in his pocket at you while looking for way to hoard water.

1 Like

I’m happy for Clayton. He’s a great talent, future Hall of Famer, and a good guy.

Dodgers are on a roll that started back in that 9th inning rally that fell just short in game 2 against the Braves. May be more than the Rays can handle.

1 Like

I’m glad he shook the Kerchoke curse laid on him.

1 Like

Well, that was great.

How does Arozarena fall in that moment? And he gets bailed out. Great game.

2 Likes

Kenley Jansen was unreliable. Dodgers in 6.

Kershaw in Game 5, right? That game will determine his postseason legacy.

Oh No. For his sake I hope he deals a great game.

I don’t recall ever seeing any major league baseball team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory quite like the Dodgers did last night. That they did this in the World Series makes the event all the more remarkable. We will see if they can bounce back. They must not allow themselves to be snake-bit over this.