Devils come to Zion- beat the Sun Devils thread

The initial line has us as 2 point underdogs at home. Seems off to me after our performance yesterday. It will be interesting to see how the line moves.

I watched the ASU-Stanford game. ASU is good. Active D, Daniels is a decent QB with a good OL to protect him.

This could-should be a really good game.

Daniels is mobile. We always seem to have trouble with mobile QB’s. This game worries me, but then I’m worried about every game.

6 Likes

Last time we beat them, we challenged Daniels to beat us with his arm.

This year so far, he is completing 70% of his passes, with a 9.3 yard completion average, and 4 TD’s and 3 Int’s. So there seems to be some improvement there, but not all Americans by any means.

His has run for 369 yards and 3 TD’s. He’s been sacked 7 times.

All this over 6 games.

1 Like

The ASU receivers looked very good in Friday’s game, likely accounting for at least some of the improvement. ASUs offense and defense both looked much better that previous years - this will be a very tough game, but it’s at home, we have some momentum, and the offensive coaches were aggressive.

I’m hoping for more of the same.

Go UTES!

2 Likes

Does anybody know how BYU beat them? I’m just curious. BYU is a good team this year but not great.

I think the same way BYU beat Utah: BYU was dialed in and up for the game; ASU sleptwalked and made foolish errors.

2 Likes

Like BYU did when Boise State went “BYU” on them.

4 Likes

This is the game I want more than any of the others this year. There’s just something wrong with ASU that dates back to the WAC days.

4 Likes

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from when we joined the conference. Being told by several ASU fans that Utah didn’t belong always irked me. I could have taken that from USC, Oregon, even Washington fans, but ASU? Rubbish. They’ve gotten better over the years, but still the worst fan base I’ve been around in the PAC-12.

6 Likes

Kush talking trash and getting the AZ natives riled up to hate us was BS given the fact they jumped ship from the WAC to the PAC.

They were going to hate us anyway after we started knocking heads.

Oh well, let’s beat Sparky next weekend and take control of our own destiny in the South.

GO UTES!!!

3 Likes

Anybody know what the story is with Bryan Thompson? He has only played in 3 games (didnt play for a month before the Stanford game). Has three total catches–1 in each game. Has he been injured or just on the bench?

Hurt in their game against UNLV per Twitter. Looks like a hamstring.

He had one catch Fri night, so he must be back

That’s actually something I was thinking about yesterday. Has there been a player who transferred from Utah and absolutely tore it up somewhere else? Someone that made us all say “damn, what a huge loss that was”? No one came to mind yesterday, but I’m sure there’s someone I’m not remembering.

In regards to the ASU game, I think it’s going to be a really tough test. They are playing well, and we’re going to need to be at the top of our game. It’s definitely doable, but I can’t help but wonder if there might be a letdown this week, especially since it’ll be a short prep week due to the funeral today.

Hoping for the best, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us struggle.

I wonder how much “inside info” that Thompson will be able to give the ASU coaching staff.

I think we need a spy, Latu or Reid, to mirror Daniels.

I think the Devils’ O plays right into Kyle’s wheelhouse. Stop the run and force them to rely on their passing game.

2 Likes

Agree. If he gets loose, he will kill us.

1 Like

Do we have any Russians on the team? :slight_smile:

You would’ve thought the PTB would’ve shifted the kickoff of this game to a more prime time slot given both teams are undefeated in conference play. Unfortunately since it is a game in the Conference of Cannibals, none of us will see home before midnight…and no one outside the Pacific and Mountain time zones will have watched it. :frowning:

3 Likes