Dairy Cougs vs. Another Type of Cat Chat

Anyone watching tonight’s game? I’m rooting for the cow-tippers up north. I know its schadenfreude, but I’m hoping they play inspired football and de-claw TDS. Rowwrrr!

Addendum: Any chance for a game thread to chat about what goes down?

Thanks so much!
Good college game going. Agies have Spunk. BYU seems rattled.
What happened to Romney?

Oops, well that was fun…

BYU lost 3 O lineman going into the year, and are down 2 more today and are blocking unbelievably well.

I was told you need time to gel. I’m
confused?

4 Likes

Wow! Those end-zone walls look like a hockey rink.

monkey-funny-animals

I have a summer home (and old farm house that needs a lot of repair) near Paris Idaho, and over the years have stopped on the way to Paris for a Friday night Aggie (almost always vs Ute’s) game and have always enjoyed seeing a game in that stadium.

Just checking in tonight and am very disappointed to see that the REAL Cougs, beat the so-called Dairy Cougs.

I remember that my parents, grandparents, and in-laws and their parents who all remembered the good old days, considered Utah State the real Utah rival, and so don’t quite agree with calling anyone in Logan a Coug.
Regardless, the team I would have rooted for lost tonight

I just got back home from the game in Logan.

I really enjoyed my time in Maverick Stadium. It may be small but there is not a bad seat in the house there. We were up in section 220 in the cheap seats and we still had a great view of the entire game. I was a little disappointed in the Utah State student section. They weren’t nearly as loud as I expected them to be.

It was good to see the third string quarterback come in and manage the game well enough to win a game for us.

1 Like

Romney took a hard hit towards the end of first half. They pulled him out in the second half for a concussion protocol and let the third string quarterback come in and win the game.

It really is a nice Stadium and a spectacular way to spend an early fall evening. It’s colder than SLC, and certainly Provo, but still a beautiful way to spend a late September Friday evening watching in-state football. Anyone who has not taken the opportunity to do so, is encouraged to try it.

Bring a Jacket, a stadium blanket, friends or family with which to snuggle, a small flask, if you’re so inclined, and expect to have a great time. My last time there was 2008, the Sugar Bowl season. I don’t recall the score but Utah won by what seems like a lot. The Aggies beat us there since then (not sure what year), but I’ll be in Logan for any future USU vs UoU game, if we ever schedule them again.

It was the real rivalry, or so I’m told…

2 Likes

Really wish we still played the Aggies once in a while. Used to quite enjoy the biennial trip to Logan. Great times. Friendly fans who made us feel welcome, and great views of the Cache Valley from the East side seats.

Back before Lavell Edwards took over in Provo (which before my time) and BYU rarely beat either the Utes or Aggies, the “Battle of the Brothers” was considered the marquis in state game.

3 Likes

The roadie to Logan was a fun trip. They have a good game day thing going on, too.

Why not dump the East Provo contract for one with USU? Other than it would totally piss off the Legislature and probably result in a State Funding cut in retaliation…

5 Likes

I was under the impression (I should check) that USU has more games with both the U and TDS. That TDS’s “rivalry” with USU is longer than ours.

:joy::joy::joy:

Good write-up. I appreciate you taking the time to put your thoughts down about my team. BYU is 5-0 & we have not trailed in any game this season. We are winning games with our first second and third string players. I am cautiously optimistic that we will win next week and I like our chances playing at home against Boise State.

Rise & Shout!

Very true, big boy football means starting the season with six straight home games. I think BYU has done just that. (LES South, LES, LES North last night)

TDS fans are just like cicadas: they appear every 10 years, make a bunch of noise, reproduce and then disappear.

8 Likes

USF, who is terrible. UCF is decent (and future Big12 opponent). I have 2 cousins who went to UCF, so I hear all about them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think byu is much better than Boise. We shall see.

1 Like

I would love for the Tater-Cougs to win.