College football thread, non-Utah edition

I suddenly have a craving for a Big Mac meal.

Tennessee

1 Like

And the Manning Award Goes to…

Zack Got Robbed!! :stuck_out_tongue:

BREAKING: Three players from Nebraska’s offense - Luke McCaffrey, Kade Warner and Will Farniok - transferring from the program.

Not interested in these guys.

Why wouldn’t we be interested in Will Farniok? He plays Center. We haven’t landed one single offensive lineman from the portal.

He was a 3 year backup at Nebraska. I see no evidence that he’s any better than the guys the Utes already have.

I am certainly in favor of grabbing an OL off the portal, but IMO it should be an OT who may be good enough to start immediately.

Former USU OC Josh Heupel takes Tennessee job. lol

1 Like

Wasn’t Heupel at UCF for all of about 5 minutes?

Three seasons.

Ale Kaho is transferring (most likely to Pac 12)

Luke McCaffrey as in the QB? Very dynamic player. Wonder if he would consider playing WR?

AND HE’S A UTE:

It’s about to get wild.

Some state NIL bills (ie Alabama) feature a pay-for-play system, where Tide athletes could get $10K/yr from the school.

Meanwhile, in Ohio, home to Ohio St, no NIL bill exists.

And in New York, an NIL bill would take effect immediately.

“It’s a mess.”

1 Like

Went to an FCS game today. First live sporting event in year. Man, I’ve really, really missed it.

2 Likes

Not even a year later:

2 Likes

IMO, schools paying kids will not level the playing field, it will exacerbate the problem because of the financial disparity between schools.

5 Likes

Ahh, Sark.

Yeah, because only a place like Alabama has money. It’s a state known for its big money.

Somehow they scraped up $10 million for their coach.

3 Likes