College football thread, non-Utah edition

I have no way of knowing who else they pursued, but Texas should at least try to poach successful coaches from other P5s. Maybe Campbell at ISU? Franklin at Penn State? Fitz at Northwestern? Maybe Fickell at Cincy? These are guy who have been successful in their most recent gigs.

Sark did bring UW back from the grave, so his resume is not empty. Like I said, anyone who Texas hires inherits a great situation, so they have a good chance.

1 Like

Brown at QB adds another scary factor to the Ducks Red Zone offense. Joe Moorhead is calling it perfect inside the 20.

Good lord, that was a ridiculously bad decision to headhunt a sliding QB.

1 Like

Also, boneheaded decisions on the hands team.

Orange Bowl turning into a good game. I’d play for UNC any day, just to wear the baby blue and white. Love their colors, especially when they trim it out in argyle. Have a dream to own a classic truck in Carolina Blue and white.

1 Like

Smaller sample size this year, but P12 thoroughly embarrassed in bowl season.

Again.

Sigh.

Meh. I don’t think you can judge the P12 on Oregon or CU. Both were big underdogs walking into their games playing teams that had a full season to prepare.

On the other hand, the ACC got two spots in playoff and is 0-6 in bowl games.

How’d the Big East do this year? I haven’t heard a peep about that trash conference since the 2004 Fiesta Bowl.

Um, someone want to tell him? Big East stopped sponsoring football in something like 2013…

That tells you how little I care about conferences outside the PAC 12 and B1G.

No way should Sam enter the draft and this is a bad start for Sark.

I hear Kendal Thompson’s brother is really good. You don’t think so?

Hard to tell. Limited play in three years.

Nick Saban’s “coaches rescue clinic” drives me nuts.

He always has to hire the guy he thinks is good but didn’t perform well in his last job. We’ve been lucky Kiffin and Sark weren’t flops.

Truth is, there isn’t much difference between all these coaches. If they can recruit and interact well with players, they are qualified. And at Bama, they can recruit. It’s not like some of the coaches know secret training techniques that others don’t know about.

1 Like

jobs that are harder than the Alabama Offensive Coordinator job:

4 Likes

And former HC’s of big schools or NFL guys are used to managing the big egos of 5* and 4* recruits - to continue to develop them and refine their talent to get ready for the league.

I’m more worried if these guys coming in and trying to implement the older style we just evolved out of pre-Kiffin. They are Saban/Belichick guys so hopefully they learn and evolve like those two do.

Alabama Marketing lost their mind for their victory poster. Remember this video

Zoom in on the O in Notre Dame