College football thread, non-Utah edition

I want to see TCU win. It would be great. But maybe it’s just me, but it seems like TCU has had just about every call and ball bounce its way this season. It has been crazy. And I am not even sure how good of a coach Dykes is. He sucked at Cal, though many coaches have. And he was good but not spectacular at SMU. Maybe I am just jealous because I wish Utah had one or two more ingredients.

1 Like

I expect Georgia to overwhelm TCU

Unless he’s shoving a player in the back after he has scored, #7 can’t stop an ant

I expect Dawgs Ringo to get exposed by the best WR.

Yup let’s go Horned frogs tonught.

Welp time to find something else to watch. This is gonna be a blood bath.

1 Like

Hold the line…

1 Like

Yeah, TCU looks quite overmatched here.

Did Herbstreit just say Georgia is averaging 10 yards a play? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Ugh. Georgia fans about to bark for another year. Pray for me

4 Likes

With two good semifinal games, you kind of felt this one might go the other way.

Makes me question if Michigan was all that?

1 Like

If anyone needs sympathy its Bama fans :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Good lord, this is a bloodbath.

2 Likes

LOL. Fair.

2 Likes

This like watching the Elway’s Broncos playing Montana’s 49ers in the Super Bowl.

This might be the worst beat down I have ever seen

1 Like

For reasons we have all discussed here, I kind of feel bad for TCU. I was hoping that one of the former “little guys” would win the championship. Not this time.

2 Likes

The talent gap becomes striking the closer you get to a championship game.

The “little guy” can jump up and win a surprise game here or there (Utah v Bama, TCU v Michigan) but it’s tough to replicate multiple times when you’re playing against rosters stacked with 4 and 5-star athletes.

6 Likes

I am not downplaying Utah’s win in the Sugar Bowl. They kicked a good Alabama team’s ■■■. The issue is really when a team like Alabama or Georgia has multiple top ranked classes. Saban only had that year’s freshman as top ranked when they lost to Utah. After he got the second top ranked class it was on. Really, Whitt can scheme better than most any coach in America. It’s why I love Ute Football. If you give Whitt Georgia’s roster it would be ridiculous. Recruiting is obviously the reason SEC schools do so well. So much depth down here on top talent.

It’s also why I am not doom and gloom seeing all the Alabama Dynasty is dead and Georgia is the new king articles. The talent level still is at Alabama and Georgia. Maybe that changes with Transfer portals and NIL but we haven’t seen that yet.

Look at what Whitt is doing with the #33 talent roster:

3 Likes

We’ve always punched above our weight. Give Whitt a healthy team and a month to prepare, and he can win that post season game. Needless to say, we didn’t have that “team” at the Rose Bowl; and once we started losing players to injury, a close game turned into a blowout.

That said, if we keep bringing in Top 25 recruiting classes, we have a better shot at getting to that next level. The next level being a deep enough roster where if a starter goes down, the backup comes in and performance stays high. We aren’t there yet, but we are getting closer.

4 Likes