College football thread, non-Utah edition

I’d say the Jimbo hiring is worse, because of his salary/buyout. Harsin just seems in over his head. Jimbo at least had some success at FSU, but FSU was falling flat even before he left. A&M seems to be following the same pattern, initial success, fall flat. aTm is going to regret the Jimbo hiring, if they don’t already.

1 Like

Yes, but do they even fire Malzahn to bring in Harsin if they win that Iron Bowl? Does Malzahn stay because of that should-a-been win?

The play you mentioned was in 2021. Gus was already hired by UCF.

Watching TCU-West Virginia. TCU’s offense is fun to watch, but their D leaves a lot to be desired. I think Georgia, Ohio St., and Tennessee would have their way with them.

1 Like

Penn St. was just ahead of Utah in the polls, and Wake Forest is getting blown away by Louisville, so that’s at least 3 teams Utah could jump this weekend.

1 Like

Just realize UT and Georgia’s QBs are 24 and 25. They are older than the three Alabama starting QBs making second and third year starts in the NFL?!? I only though BYU had players that age.

1 Like

I struggled to understand why Arizona wouldn’t just take three points and go into the locker room with a one-point deficit instead of trying to “go for it” on a fourth down.
I guess I just don’t understand football

2 Likes

Great drive
They would be up by 3 now.

Never mind…

I mock my rival (Tennessee) more than any. But I respect the hell out of the Power T. They took it to another level last night. I hope they had zero recruits there because, damn.

1 Like

Best post game statement about defensive adjustments:

Help me out. Listened several times and I can’t make out what he says.

Has anyone checked on @RowdyReptile since their loss to Vandy? Don’t want him on a watch of any kind. Hope he’s ok.

2 Likes

Reporter: “In the second half, you guys on defense came out and were able to get stops. What adjustments were made during that?”

Player: “Nothin’. You just drop yo nuts. Really that’s all it is.”

2 Likes

LOL. Thanks for the concern. I am back off the ledge now. Seriously, UF losing to Vandy didn’t really surprise me at all. So, 6-6 is how we will end up. One of the best rushing attacks in the SEC completely disappears against Vandy. And, how does South Carolina blow the doors off of Tennneesse. What a world…what a world. :slight_smile:

RR

2 Likes

Glad to see you’re ok. I was surprised by your Vandy loss, because it was Vandy. I suppose the sun shines somewhere for everyone at some time.

I was very surprised by the USC-UT game score. Was sad to see Hooker go down with an ACL injury too. It’ll be interesting to see how Tennessee does with their back up QB.

Well, I wouldn’t have been surprised either way, but the way Florida has been playing, no game is a guaranteed win. I also hate to see injuries like that to any player from any school.

Btw, you know what UF students and FSU students have in common? They both got accepted to FSU.

:slight_smile:
RR

2 Likes

LOL, keep those FSU jokes coming.

5 Likes

5 Likes