College football thread, non-Utah edition

Ok. Maybe the transfer portal is getting stupid. Two ACC incoming transfers for our Heisman QB with returning most the Defense. Not to mention taking UGA’s #1 WR

For context what CNS said last year:

He often warns before he exploits a new rule

Uh oh.

Your uh oh makes sense, targeting players not in the portal isn’t legal

5 Likes

Well, he was in our spring game, so…

4 Likes

Yeah, I know people keep bringing him up and I think they forgot he was a transfer from the portal last year, right?

Pretty sure this is just fans (including this site saying it) being hopeful for another player from the portal. That said, NIL tampering happened to Bama this past season and no one cared or investigated. Look at Texas’ getting Alabama’s portal players.

I guess having Bama take one of our players in the portal is a sign we truly made
it :wink:

2 Likes

Nah whooping our ■■■ in the Sugar Bowl and being the real National Champions of 2008 is the sign. This is just business as usual in P5. Seriously though, I think this is more a Twitter hoax by fan of Alabama having fun. I thought y’all would get a kick out of it.

4 Likes

The next thing you know, the guy who posted the Kincaid hoax will be letting the world know Tommy Chong is dead…again.

2 Likes

The joke is Alabama fans said Louisville’s best WR was transferring to Bama while he was playing in their Spring Game. So now they are just picking players they want to build on the team as a Twitter tampering. It’s all a lark.

Also, it’s weird that Alabama fans were watching Utah and SC spring games. They seem to be watching everyone’s spring game.

1 Like

And that Generalissimo Francisco Franco is STILL dead.

3 Likes

It was a troll job by some fanboy that runs a random Bama site. But yeah, if it had any legs it woulda fit the definition of tampering.

1 Like

Serious question. Is it tampering if it is just fans on Twitter. That is something the NCAA better get in front of before it happens.

1 Like

Yikes!

Addison to USC. I’ll give Riley credit, he’s putting together a ridiculous offense…on paper. We’ll see how that translates on the field.

Lots of rumors that he got $3 million to go there. Ridiculous, and another nail in the coffin for people’s interest in college football, outside of about 10 teams.

This person being one of them. Oh, I’ll keep the season tickets - to make money of course. Isn’t that what this is all about?

Better not say things like that. Apparently some coaches get the sads if you do

Lincoln Riley…!? Well, sorta. It’s more the (Walter) Annenberg family. Lucky for us they like football and are bankrolling this rebuild.

FTFO!

1 Like

Anyone following the Nick Saban/Jimbo Fisher feud? This is nasty. They do everything but call each others wives fat.

1 Like

Then there’s this from former USC Trojan Su’a Cravens.

5 Likes

They’re both right and they’re both wrong. Saban of course is whining and can offer what no other can - a clear path to the NFL even as a backup. But now that other’s can use NIL to induce (even though they say they aren’t) recruits to join, he knows he either has to adjust or speak out to get rules in place to keep his dominance.

Fisher claims they have broken no rules (but that’s because the rules are terrible right now) and scorches earth saying Saban is awful to work for/with even though he’s made so many coach’s careers (but he’s not wrong that Saban has an advantage of all the ‘consultants’ and stuff). Easier for Fisher to say since he became the 1st former assistant to beat him (last year).

Glad SEC fined them both. It’s like the elite vs elite battle royale in the ‘elite’ conference. Pissing matches. Reminds me of Kiffin ruffling feathers while at Tenn and other places - calling out coaches on recruiting (then just doing it ‘smarter’/better when rules weren’t in place for certain contact like Twitter, etc.).