College football thread, non-Utah edition

Well…a 16-team playoff is looking better all the time. It could certainly reduce the odds of what is going to happen in a couple of week - the SEC Championship Game 2.

3 Likes

Maybe 16 does that. Georgia hasn’t beat Alabama since George W Bush was POTUS but this is a big factor with the playoffs:

Georgia is definitely a talented enough team to beat Alabama. It’s going to be a battle of who can game plan better, Nick Saban or Kirby Smart and who can lead better Bryce Young or Stetson Bennett.

Also, Since 2005, Ohio State is the only program not from the South that has won a natty. Please stop inviting teams to the playoffs who don’t have linemen who eat grits with their hands.

OK ST is looking like ■■■■■■

1 Like

Kind of like the Big 12 CCG. They’ve had their chances but just crap it away. Forgot their QB threw 4 INT and no TD against Baylor and still lost by inches at the end.

1 Like

B1G seems to be having a bad day so far. I hope that continues.

1 Like

Ok St looking better 2nd half.

1 Like

ND has no run game today. They are in the process of joining Oregon on the fade list…ok ND defense saves 6.

1 Like

Fun fun fun game to watch …

Baylor with 10 sacks. Boring game with backup qbs.

3 Likes

oh it’s getting chippy between fans in the region right now:

It’s all so silly.

1 Like

It was in poor taste going both directions in the article.

3 Likes

Damn…but, damn.

That is cratering to a whole new level of ignorance and stupidity. I get trash talk your opponent; but trash talking, then (figuratively speaking) lighting yourself on fire???

Damn.

1 Like

I lost brain cells after reading that.

1 Like

You probably lost more than those folks collectively have.

2 Likes

The game is two hours away and I refuse to go. I just don’t enjoy being around SEC crowds anymore. People have made it their identity as if they are making the tackles.

2 Likes

NDState is in a boat race and Montana State is on a pontoon.

2 Likes

Looks like Jaxon Dart is in the portal. Seems this all but confirms Williams is going to USC.

Bummer, was hoping he’d end up elsewhere.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/secshorts/status/1480615861828395010?s=21

Love it.

Just in case this doesn’t make sense:

1 Like

The social media pictures of Caleb Williams at the Rams/49er game and Laker game with Lincoln Riley must have pushed him over the edge.

Sucks. That kid has a ton of potential. I assume he’ll go to either BYU or Utah. Hope not UGLY.

FTFO!

3 Likes