Clay Helton Fired at SC

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. I just don’t get sentimental about the days of showing your Athletic ability as a sign of the superiority of the Master Race and having murders of Jews in their compound. Prior to its commercialization the Olympics in the 1900s was all politics. Not about Athletics.

I’m actually considering going to the LA Bowl just to see the stadium. lol.

1 Like

Oh Ive investigated the stadium and think it would be amazing for anythign BUT the Summer Olympic OC. It just totally flies in the face of the concept of the ancient games ceremony etc. SAY “la vee” (thats an intentional pun spelling btw) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish USC were better this season. Our dominating win over them sparkles less when they’re this bad.

Stewart Mandel on the Trojans:

It’s less than ideal that the Trojans (4-6, 3-5) still have to play two more games, as they clearly threw in the towel on this season weeks ago, and the fans mostly just want to know who the next coach will be. Whoever it is will not be inheriting a whole lot outside of talented freshman QB Jaxson Dart, who quietly supplanted Kedon Slovisearlier this season and is at least gaining experience.

1 Like

There’s bad, and there’s “phoning it in” bad.

U$C phoned in the Crosstown Game this year. My guess is they phone in the BYU game and Cal game, too.

With the talent they have, U$C could easily win both, but won’t. Hate to say it but if I were taking this mess over, it is likely there would be a purging of the roster happening. Talent that has proven it has no heart, isn’t talent.

The way those kids played fUCLA, they have no heart.

1 Like

Points allowed by USC in their home games this year: 42, 45, 42, 34, 62 (and they still have BYU to play).

That’s just pathetic and the complete lack of effort points to a broader rot within the system.

6 Likes

How is BYU only -6.5

1 Like

AH! Yeah, I haven’t followed them closely this season. Thankfully they have not been the best game on TV when I have time.

While I think it would be hilarious, USC is really, really bad this year and has completely given up on the season. I’d be surprised if they put up any fight at all.

2 Likes

I agree. As much as the PAC12 needs non-conference wins, I just don’t see USC caring enough to win.

1 Like

I am still mad at (obvious Utah spelling) Jaxson for not coming here… I dont care if he was offered or not, dammit! LOL Also, realizing that Brandon (who I watched play in High School) has a son playing in college ball already makes me FEEL POSITIVELY ANCIENT. I mean, I know I will hit 60 in 17 days, but wow, way to rub it in Father Time. Made me remember watching Luther Elliss and Steve Smith and other play ages ago. SIgh The Idea that Luther Elliss is now going on 50… eeeeek

1 Like

And Luther Ellis has a kid on the team!

1 Like

No Franklin for SC:

Lol

2 Likes

“that ain’t yo mama’s real booty”

LOL

1 Like

Good. I’m glad. I’d have preferred Aretha Franklin.

FTFO!

Dave Aranda is too perfect for y’all to hire but he should be the #1 option

He’d be a great hire but apparently he likes Waco.

Must be a big Chip and Joanna fan. Waco is not that great.

3 Likes

West, Texas and their Kolaches are nearby. Plus, Chip & Joanna’s White Lady Wakanda has helped make the city somewhat more desirable than it was 20 years ago.