Class of 23 football recruits

You could have just let people know there are things going on that we’re not hearing about without being kind of a dick about it.

Just sayin…

4 Likes

I have. Look at my post history Skiny. I’m not the one throwing judgmental misinformed comments toward the AD. I bristle at Ute fans throwing criticism and not doing a damn thing to help out the team in light of new NIL threats and opportunities. Even small NIL deals or thoughts on strategies help. Every brick in the NIL foundation helps. Every fan needs to be creative and participate somehow. Sorry that extending an offer to help structure thoughts on NIL deals is being a dick in your eyes.

4 Likes

Thanks GBS, for what you’re doing. It’s appreciated, especially knowing it would irritate the bejesus out of your namesake.

7 Likes

Dude, I can just barely scrape together the time and energy to maybe attend 6 games and then maybe watch another 6 on TV. Given work, family, and other obligations, even that much is highly unlikely most seasons.

The sponsorship deals of collegiate athletes and how the athletic department administration chooses to handle them is absolutely, 100%, and in every conceivable way not something I have any interest whatsoever in being involved in.

I’m glad there’s folks like you who do want to get involved, but saying that “every fan” needs to do so is just complete nonsense,

5 Likes

4* OL Caleb Lomu committed. Impressive offer list.

6 Likes
6 Likes

My apologies if this has already been posted.

Spencer Fano, Timpview, Offensive Tackle (247sports.com)

(Also, I would just note he’s a big catch. Was BYU’s to lose until the Liberty game. His brother, Logan, hit the portal yesterday or today)

3 Likes

He is coming from the same charter high school all of my kids attended, and where my wife was board president for about five years after the school converted from a public high school to a public charter high school. Dijon got a good high school education.

Edit: For years, his high school, Granada Hills Charter, was considered the nerd academic school. Their football team was always pretty terrible and won just two or three games every year. (This was a sad break from old tradition. The football field is John Elway Stadium. He played there in high school. Every now and then he would come back and make an appearance.) I was surprised to see that Dijon’s team won the state championship this year. He might be a pretty special player.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Woot!!! What a great week for Recruiting! Winning perennial conference championships pays dividends!

2 Likes

Epic week. We need this guy next and move him to receiver. Former Texas QB hands off and throws to former Texas QBs.

Seriously , next up I think we’d like Smith Snowden. Flip Walker Lyons. And pick up these two receivers from the portal . Just thinking out loud.

1 Like

Likely TCU or ND, still as QB. I don’t think he is all that great, but has potential still. He did play WR as a HS sophomore before starting as qb as Junior at Travis (known for developing qbs that have ended up P5/NFL)

Was kidding around. Collecting former Texas quarterbacks and all. Zero interest in the guy.

3 Likes

Hey, when Manning beats Ewers out, we could use another safety or LB - he already has the mullet.

2 Likes

Sorry if already posted. Josh Newman is an excellent sports reporter, IMO.

6 Likes

Yes on Josh Newman. His coverage is really well done.

2 Likes

There used to be a long gestation period when recruiting HS kids, and winning / losing at the end of the year didn’t change things much. Anyone remember when Kyle would mark a good signing day as one with no drama, no changes?

With the Portal you can pull fish out of the pond based on last week’s performance. (Thank you again to Mo Diabate for the great recruiting video, on cue, a week ago tonight.)

4 Likes

I’d just like to congratulate all of you for not being in the drama department that has become Cougarboard. And have a great weekend.

(Holy moly… that place is really en fuego tonight.)

5 Likes

What about? What’s their issue? I might be afraid I asked.