Class of 23 football recruits

4* QB Mack Howard commits.

7 Likes

SI has some good background.

2 Likes

The love child of Wayne Howard and Ronnie Mac?

8 Likes

2023 ATH Mateaki Helu out of Tooele has decommitted.

1 Like

Something tells me a little school down South came up with a better sales pitch. Oh well. Good luck to the young man wherever he lands…just not when he is playing the U. Sorry, us winning comes first. :wink:

1 Like

I mean, if his potential was unmatched I would imagine he’d be the top recruit in the country….

3 Likes

Fixed that. Capital letter means +1 level

1 Like

Apparently his older brother (TDS commit) just got back from his mission. Could be going down there with him.

Sorry to see this. I almost wish kids would not commit until a few months before they sign. But that is not how it works, get a slot, shop some more.

Is this the kid who as been like uber stoked to commit to Utah? Gushing all along at how much he wanted to be a Ute? If so, this latest move puzzles me.

2 Likes

He called the team his second family 13 days ago :man_shrugging:

1 Like

He tweeted out his decommit resulted from a miscommunication. He is staying committed

1 Like

Would love to know the backstory here. My guess is someone (cough…byu…cough) interfered.

6 Likes

The smell here is stronger than the Tokyo Fish Market in June.

I am thinking the “calling” card may have been used quite liberally, so to speak. :wink:

5 Likes

I shocked, SHOCKED that anyone could suspect some sort of illicit activity from the morally superior program in an adjacent county.

4 Likes

This shows how fickle young kids making these decisions are.

1 Like

Come, go, come back again…whatever. Leave God out of it. I don’t think he cares.

3 Likes

LB Jamal Anderson Jr to Clemson. It was Clemson or the Utes.

2 Likes

Reading between the lines of lots of social posts, I think he wanted his own legacy, closer to home, while dad would have loved to see him in Red.

4 Likes

Just got a commitment from this guy

2 Likes

As it should be.

1 Like