CHAT THREAD for all the Championship Games Today

Actually no, those are/were pretty low payouts (~$1m) and pitted against even lower P5 conf pecking order… but neither was the premier bowl for MWC, whose last #1 was Vegas and paid them ~$3m. As I understand it, the MWC had to take a leap of faith for LA Bowl and not get a payout guarantee. Maybe it will work out for them though.

I know when they announced it the MWC mentioned they were considering it as a location for the Conference Title game as well. Not a bad idea. The Vegas play by the Pac 12 has been a big win.

1 Like

He’s working furiously sending change of address forms to all the recruits he has talked to in the last month.

1 Like

OH COME ON NOW PEEPS>. 63 replies ( I know I did like 5 of them) and 170 views and not a single vote? LOL

IN any case, just like that, it’s all over but the bowls. Man that went fast. What to do until January1?
I guess I might try a BB game or two mebbe?

That shirt is less than a year old but somehow my man Willie’s been wearing it for 30 years.

1 Like

Well, I guess I must be “in the know”, ND ranked ahead of Baylor today. Excuse me while I polish my crystal ball.

2 Likes

To be fair I was using common sense. I didn’t factor in the rankings are up to this playoff committee. Look at ND and tell me what win should rank them ahead of Baylor who won a Conference championship against a top 15 team.

I didn’t say where they SHOULD be ranked, I said where they WOULD be ranked. Having watched the rankings as a Utah fan for years I understand all too well “should” doesn’t matter when humans are involved in voting on a team’s worthiness.

1 Like

Being an Alabama fan I have my blind spots. Imagine thinking a team that doesn’t play in conference with zero top 25 wins should be #5 and one spot behind the G5 school that beat them at their crib.

aren’t we saying the same thing about Georgia essentially? Explain to me how Georgia deserves #3? Was it that impressive win over Kentucky at home? If you can put Georgia at #3, you can easily put ND at #5

2 Likes

You are not going to hear me call for Georgia. The SEC East is trash. But they at least have three top 25 wins. Three more than ND, Two more than Ohio, One more than Baylor & Ole Miss. This may be the year the BCS would have been enough.

also considering Notre Dame won 7 straight since that loss (all by double digits) that fairly impressive. I’m not a ND fan, but its too hard to fault a team that lost 1 game against an undefeated team

You’re impressed with this murderer’s row?

Virginia Tech 6-6
SC 4-8
UNC 6-6
Navy 3-9
Virginia 6-6
Ga Tech 3-9
Stanford 3-9

its better than Cincy’s and on par with Georgia’s

You could do this with any team, including my school or Ohio St:

Buckeyes 8 of 10 wins came against:

Minnesota
Akron
Tulsa
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana
Nebraska
Purdue

Cincinnati beat them (Top 5) and Houston (Top 20). So, two top 25s are greater than 0. Same with UGA that has three top 25s to ND 0. I think you are trolling with this narrative. Buckeyes have a Top 25 win but a worse resume than Cincinnati and Georgia.

Buckeyes have two losses to ND’s one.

We were discussing Georgia. I think Utah is better than Ohio and ND. I also think Baylor is better than both of them as well as Ole Miss.

I don’t have any issues with how teams were ranked, there’s always been lots of ambiguity in college football

If Utah wears all whites - they win. MARK IT DOWN

2 Likes