Changing name to Tornado help for KY

I changed this from a football thread to helping Kentucky tornado victims. I’m leaving the football stuff in, but it is NOT the focus. This change of focus really hit home with the pics that @BamaFanNKY shared, and that he is one of us.

So, feel free to help out via the Red Cross, or whomever you feel can help our friends in Kentucky the most. Here is a link to the Red Cross donation site:
Donate Now - Online Donations | American Red Cross

I’m putting it in our Utah Football, because it indirectly affects us via Lincoln Riley to So. Cal.

His former QB at Oklahoma, Rattler is transfering to So. Carolina. Does he really make them any better, and why So. Carolina? I realize the Gamecocks are marginally better this year, going bowling vs another 6-6 team, UNC. So, they’re in the who “who gives rip?” bowl.

@BamaFanNKY FanNKY, because you follow the SEC more than we do, what is your view? If anyone else wants to chime in feel free. I realize Rattler was supposed to be all sorts of great, but IMO seems more like Brewer or Bentley to me. Perhaps I’m wrong, for his sake I hope so.

edit: adding link to ESPN article.

Former Oklahoma Sooners QB Spencer Rattler transferring to South Carolina; TE Austin Stogner to Gamecocks, too (espn.com)

I don’t know. I saw the news but I’ve been busy helping clients who were hit by the Tornado in my town.

Honestly, this is an upgrade for them though. They had a GA play QB last season.

2 Likes

sorry to interrupt. Didn’t realize that tornadoes his your part of TN too, my mistake. I hope things are coming along well with the clean up. Tornados scare the snot out of me.

3 Likes

I’m in Kentucky. This is my town.

We’ve got a ton of people still missing. It’s going to be a rough Christmas.

You’re in Mayfield? Damn. I saw some aerial footage from there, and it reminded me of firebombed Dresden pics. Nothing there.

I’m so sorry. Is there a local Red Cross or something that we can donate to?

1 Like

Bowling Green. Both of these videos are three miles from me:
https://www.facebook.com/devin.clarkson/posts/10224815660677611

15 are already dead and about 27 missing. Sadly, many kids.

3 Likes

Yes, @BamaFanNKY, please let us know where people that are interested can donate to help support the community.

I’ll add it here too, the link to the Red Cross.

Donate Now - Online Donations | American Red Cross

Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund

Later on, I am going to help our business community since a ton of Small business owners lost their businesses. It’s rough. Any help would be great.

5 Likes

Thank you for the link. I hope it gets used.

Glad you’re OK @BamaFanNKY , but that devastation is horrific. Thanks for the relief effort link.

1 Like

Thank You. Anything is great.

1 Like

I have more survivors guilt than anything. Nothing happened in my neighborhood. We got very lucky. It’s also helped restore my faith in humanity. Kentuckians in general have a blood feud at any given time (see Hatfields and McCoy) but they drop all their feuds and get to work when others need help.

5 Likes

Done. And I completely agree with and cannot improve on Rocker’s sentiments. I hope for the best for you, your family, and everyone in your community.

2 Likes

Never forget I live in a great college town. The college children raising money for the liquor store :rofl:

It’s actually great. He’s a good dude and the wild thing is his store was completely destroyed. BUT, because of how everything fell one of the beams and walls landed on top of the shelves. Saving most of his inventory. So people came for a good old fashioned Kentucky rescue of bourbon and what not. These are the stories that add levity to a heavy situation for us.

4 Likes

I also learned of a weird FEMA thing today:

I had never heard they had to weigh it for the funding. Anyone understand why? I’m not mad just curious and I know some of y’all have worked in the government.

1 Like

Sadly, this was the story I was waiting for them to confirm that I knew about. I heard about this the first night as I was on the scanner while calling checking on my people. My daughter spent yesterday taking care of the newly homeless children at the local school where they are living.

It’s depressing.

These are friends of friends who passed:

That’s a wild concept. I get the want to hurry and clean. I will forever remember that now.

Wow. The fact so much of the inventory was not destroyed is a miracle.

The fact the inventory didn’t end up mystically showing up in the dorms on campus is a little miracle, too. :wink:

Nothing quite like witnessing Mother Nature full force. She really did a number there in Kentucky. I hope they can get the recovery effort moving faster than the one I had to manage during the Magna Earthquake.

I got to see some of the High Sierra towns in NoCal that got burned to the ground. The burned smells, the charred trees, houses turned to a pile of ash scattered around a foundation, trailers warped with their interiors melted into pools of plastic. It was a miracle no one died in the places I visited (many months later). I don’t know if any of those places will ever be rebuilt,

I hope your communities are able to rebuild.

1 Like

So many people came in (business owners) with storage units for him. We are lucky we have Interstate 65 connecting Chicago through Indy, Louisville, Nashville, Bham to gulf shores. There are so many people here to help. It’s almost too many. We’re fortunate that we are 12 hour drive from about 70% of the US Population. We are seeing people from all over 24 hours later. The cash is now the big thing to get things done.

Gotta say, Biden and FEMA have been great so far. Never thought I would say that.

3 Likes