Bring on Phil Knight U.! (fka the Oregon Ducks)

This Saturday’s game is getting some attention:

I prefer being off of Nike U, but you do you

1 Like

Ha!

2 Likes

I figure Phil Knight University is a more correct naming since he bought every athletics facility on the campus, plus a few other buildings.

4 Likes

Done. You get 50% of the trademark revenue.

2 Likes

I’d like to see the Utes wear my favorite uniform and helmet Saturday:

6 Likes

Have we seen those this season? I like them too.

The cape accessory will not be blue, or trademarked by Yahoo. :wink:

1 Like

With it being essentially Halloween weekend, I’m expecting black. Could be wrong though.

2 Likes

They try and save black for the night games so they can do “Dark Mode”

My guess is they’ll hope for that against ASU

1 Like

Since we have College Gameday showing up to try and put the voodoo on us, does anyone know a Wiccan that could come take their hex off us so we can win? :wink:

Seriously as much as FOX didn’t place this game at the 7:00pm EDT (5:00pm MDT) slot (and given all the things attached to it you would think they would), it makes one wonder. Also, why would Gameday run a show from a game site that ISN’T being covered by the mouse-ears family of networks.

It makes you wonder who in the hell is driving the bus here.

2 Likes

ASU kicks at Noon https://twitter.com/Utah_Football/status/1716492928443683145

2 Likes

Crap!

3 Likes

That is weird, I agree. I do recall that the infamous Utah–TCU game in 2010 was on FOX, not ESPN or ABC. (Hope that’s not a bad omen.)

1 Like

Should somebody tell him? on3.com article

I’d rather he find out himself and maybe learn a lesson about accuracy on really important stuff. Like where the game is being played.

That said, a 5.5 spread looks OK to me.

They don’t have college football at night this Saturday. It’ll be game 2 of the World Series

3 Likes

Do you think he has already purchased a plane ticket and hotel room?

1 Like

Is O lineman Zereoue Williams (#76, 6’8", 310 lbs, sophomore) red shirting? It doesn’t appear that he has played yet this season after played a little bit the last two.

Gameday has been to several non-ABC/ESPN games this year (and I think even the same place as Fox Big Kickoff or whatever they call it). Still makes sense to be at the ABC/ESPN night game, but the announcers bounce around on private jets. This week there aren’t too many ‘good’ games and this is def the best one (Duke/L’ville the only other top 25-top 25 matchup).

I guess Fox is off the CU train, otherwise they would be at the CU @ UCLA.

And yes, World Series on Fox going to get the night slot.

Only chance left is CU on Nov 25 - but I would love for that to be Red since CU wears black enough and don’t want them thinking they are at home. The noise will tell them otherwise.

1 Like