Bring Down the Bruins! Utah vs UCLA Basketball Thread

Thought I’d start a game thread! I like the Utes in this one. Don’t know much about their team but I know they’ve been struggling. After the AZ loss I expect our team to come out motivated.

I’ve got two tix if anyone wants them. Row 12.
PM me your Ticketmaster email.

Missing a lot of shots to start.

2 Likes

I think pound for pound Keita is our best player.

3 Likes

Pulling away

1 Like

Keita needs to develop a jump shot. We’ve been off most of the game but UCLA is BAD. We should win by 20 but with our shooting percentage so far that’s not likely.

2 Likes

Why does Carlson keep shooting these heavily contested 3s?

2 Likes

This game is over. Carlson has the green light to shoot and has a quick release. He’s been way off tonight but it hasn’t mattered.

1 Like

Really nice to see Deivon’s outside game emerge. Having him and Worster on the floor at the same time really presents problems for opposing defenses.

4 Likes

6:23 to go and UCLA has made 8 points in the second half.

3 Likes

Somebody needs to check on Bill Walton right about now.

3 Likes

Up 47 on UCLA with under 5 to go?

Bring on the walkons!

4 Likes

I can’t help but feel bad for UCLA.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s one of those games. It was tight in the first half, but we can’t miss and they’re really struggling.

3 Likes

Could someone explain to me how UCLA got so bad.

1 Like

That was a major beat down. Wow!!!:scream::scream::scream::scream:

1 Like

I wish Bill was announcing the game. I think he is a gracious and generous athlete and would celebrate Utah playing so well.
The first Dead show I attended was at the Worschester Centrum in 1985. Bill brought Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Bill Russell onstage. They stood silently, like statues just off stage right watching the band for a couple minutes. Very low-key and very cool.
I met him at the Hollywood Bowl a couple years ago, shook his hand and thanked him for his overwhelming support for our athletic program and the University at large.

8 Likes

Why did we leave the starters in near the end? Curious

1 Like

Sadly, and it’s being discussed everywhere on boards, the more you run up the score, leave in your starters and enhance your metrics, the better for your NET rating. It’s happening everywhere and is not good for the kids that put in the practice time. The formula needs some more tweeking.

5 Likes

It’s hard to feel bad for one of the teams that wrecked the PAC. I sincerely hope they continue to struggle in the BIG whatever it’s going to be called.

12 Likes