Bowl Game was 2023 Season

And I thought the Utes had a propensity to make things interesting when they shouldn’t have been. Washington made us look like pikers.

7 Likes

Sark with some ‘hmmm’ calls with essentially 4 ‘and goal’ plays. That last defense of the fade was really well done.

1 Like

Lol the last two minutes were a perfect representation of UW’s entire season.

5 Likes

Yes, exactly.

1 Like

Well the evil Harbaugh won. I’m rather pleased that UW beat the folks from Austin. Yes, I’m being nice, only because I kinda like Sark. He was never a Zoob (that I can recall) while at BYU, and is seemingly doing well in his alcoholism recovery.

I’m unsure I wanted Bama to win, or Michigan to lose. I respect Coach Saban, and am none to pleased with JH at Michigan. Not that I have any respect for him because of how he jerked Alex Smith around while at the Niners.

7 Likes

America this is a normal Pac-12 late night game, this is what we’ve decided to destroy

— Matthew Zeitlin (@MattZeitlin) January 2, 2024
9 Likes

The UW defensive back’s denial of that final Texas pass was simply spectacular. Until that play the Huskies looked downright hapless. The fair catch penalty was unbelievable. It all made me grateful for the way Whit’s/Scalley’s teams close out games.

Anyway, I am glad that a PAC-12 team made it to the NC game.

3 Likes

The funny thing is seeing people who wanted FSU in that game. Yesterday with two solid games kind of supported the committee’s pick.

Also, for this to be accurate it would be Ohio State. They love to put the Buckeyes in despite their losing record in the CFP.

Go Huskies! Seeing a Pac 12 team win the title and watching the Big 1G claim it will be hilarious.

2 Likes

Somewhere a Huskies trustee and boosters are having a “Bridge Over the River Kwai” moment as they realize next season they will be competing in the same conference for a spot in the 12 team playoff.

“What have we done?” :wink:

8 Likes

Perfect

5 Likes

Madness! Madness!

2 Likes

Probably the same feeling Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, SC, UCLA and the rest of the lowly Big 1G schools feel. Basically a PNW and Buckeye/Wolverine conference.

2 Likes

Would FSU have had 30% of their scholarship players opt out if they were in the CFP? Doubtful.

9 Likes

Lol. Ah yes. That’s why they were awful against UGA. :wink:

Put you down for preferring a FSU getting drubbed by UM to be a better game.

3 Likes

Regardless of how competitive the CFP game were, the fact is the rest of the 2023 Bowl slate was generally played with depleted talent to a whole lot of empty seats. It will not be surprising if the TV numbers for the aggregate are down, in some specific cases way down.

I guess we will find out “How way down” when ESPN and FOX do their next round of layoffs,

4 Likes

We’ll never know.

5 Likes

Meh. Those layoffs aren’t because of bowls but streaming. Streaming and online has killed traditional media and advertising is too niche.

If we’re honest, the BCS is probably a better format than 4 teams. It’s too bad the alliance of ACC/Pac 12/Big 1G blocked playoff expansion this season. May have saved the Pac 12. The alliance was a dumb idea to begin with.

1 Like

Get out of here with your SEC tomfoolery.

7 Likes

Well, the 4 team gave us an all SEC title as well. lol. 12 (really 16) team playoff being blocked by the Pac 12, ACC and Big 1G sucked.

Just saw this: “ The Rose Bowl between Michigan and Alabama averaged a whopping 27.2 million viewers :rose:

It ranks as the most-watched semifinal since the first year of the CFP.”

1 Like