Big Ten reaches seven-year TV deal worth nearly $8 billion after adding UCLA, USC

Lol. Big 1G fans going to have to search streaming services for all these games. This is why the ABC deal is better for fans.

Nobody got time to look for some foolish app called Peacock. They are going to have SC vs UCLA on QVC when it’s all said and done. Which makes sense they obviously are for sale.

1 Like

LOL, sorta. All the “major” conferences may end up on some streaming service. I won’t complain too much there, as long as I can find the games I want on the service I use.

Matter of time before lots of sports wind up on streaming channels. Meaning you’ll have pay for peacock, Paramount, ESPN+, Apple TV, Amazon, etc. to get all the games you want to see.

1 Like

At least ESPN will be on one app.

1 Like

The negative for B1G going down the path they chose…finding games might require a little more of an “investment” for the TV/Streaming viewers. As one who gets Peacock as a part of my Xfinity package, it requires surfing through the maze of programming to find the streamed event. It’s easier to find games on Xfinity Stream than the Peacock App.

BIG fans are not SEC fans. They know how to operate a keyboard.

FTFO!

Short answer, the number of fans willing to buy Peacock (unless you have Xfinity as your TV Provider) might negatively affect B1G viewership. Especially for basketball the non revenue sports.

1 Like

You realize that you’re stuck with us for two more years, right?

1 Like

Tell Kyle!

Don’t take it out on us.

FTFO!

Kinda hope that we do. Well, TBH I do hope that we do take it out on the Trojans and the bRuins. I’d hope that every season, but next 2 in particular.

2 Likes

You really don’t travel. The Midwest is filled with broke folks who couldn’t afford homes in the south. Look at home values in Michigan and Indiana compared to Texas and Tennessee.