Been trolling the coogerbored the last couple of days

For some reason I was under the impression that they are not practicing LDS.

1 Like

His mom will have nothing to do whether he’s a successful NFL QB or not. If he throws touchdowns, limits turnovers and wins games he’ll sign a $200m contract regardless of his moms hijinks. Is he’s a turnover machine, then he’ll be done. Mom is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Forget for a moment that Wilson was the easiest recruit in the history of Utah football. That “hunch” right there is a huge red flag for Tuttle. If that’s his recruiting demand, then take a pass thank you.

1 Like

That won’t stop the NY press from having fun at her expense. She’s better off learning to keep her yap shut. She’s not in Utah anymore, so to speak. As for Zach, well, you are correct. She can’t help or hinder him on the field, but she sure can hinder him off the field.

2 Likes

At the 2005 BYU/Utah game in Provo, while in the concession line, I overheard a loud BYU fan, directly behind me, telling a story to his friend, about time that his grandmother had been tripped by a drunken Ute fan, at Rice-Eccles, while descending the stairs, and when she stopped rolling at the bottom of the stairway, no one, including the usher who saw it all happen, would help her up.

Certain that the BYU fan was just goading me, I ignored the whole conversation, got my hotdog and went back to my seat without saying a word.

I remember thinking that if the guy was not goading me and was in anyway serious, unpacking that “story” would be fun as well.

6 Likes

That’s the only part of the story I could actually believe may possibly have happened, but more in the “drunk frat guy was screaming ‘F You Cougars’ in the concourse after a win and a 2 year old Zoob kid happened to be within earshot” sense.

4 Likes

lack of parental judgement skills and taking a toddler to a football game - CHECK

being too cheap to pay for a babysitter - CHECK

parts of this story check out.

7 Likes

Every Zoob who ever set foot in RES has had beer poured on them. Just ask them.

7 Likes

Um…okay.

We brought our kids to lots of games when they were little. Doesn’t seem like that’s a uniquely BYU phenomenon.

2 Likes

IMO - two is too young for 3-4 hours, and it can be distracting to the parents trying to entertain them and other fans around them.

Now a basketball game where you can spread out and have an aisle to yourself, that’s a different story :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, we never kept them there for an entire game. Mrs. SkinyUte would usually bring them before halftime and would typically leave sometime in the 4th quarter.

She (obviously) wasn’t nearly as invested in the outcome as I was.

3 Likes

Dude in my LDS ward tells me all the time about how Utah fans threw beer at him all game long when he was in the BYU marching band. I think he sincerely believes that this happened. I can’t tell if he believes it because it’s real, because he heard it from someone else and is passing it on, or because he’s told the story enough times to believe it’s true. I do not engage in hopes that he’ll stop telling me the story someday.

4 Likes

I believe a lot of these stories are urban myths. I found an article from an AZ news paper where Max Hall complained about ASU fans throwing beer on and assaulting his family in a game there. (I believe the season before he said the same about Utah.) It’s weird that everyone hates his family and attacks them the same way at every stadium.

I CAN tell you that we went to the Utah v Cooger Brett Ratliff game in provostan with my little family. We pulled into Wendy’s in Lehi for a soda on the way to the game and a cooger family got out of their urban family truckster van and started throwing food at our vehicle. That was fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When my now 19 year old son was 1, he could sit through a 9 inning game or 4 quarters of football no problem. Was like he was in a trance. Loved sports from day 0.

2 Likes

My daughter (now 25) was my season ticket seat-mate from 9 yo to 15 yo. She became quite the student of the game. My wife only wanted to go to one early (warm) game a season. My son hated football… (but ended up being an All-state DB at Bingham).

Interestingly, Ute fans around us stopped using colorful language with my daughter around. People would scold non-season ticket fans if they popped off. It was truly heart-warming.

7 Likes

Lol. That is pretty farfetched. He’s not a BYU fan, he’s a Utah hater!!!

1 Like

My son, now 27, at age 1, LOVED every minute of a Jazz game. He sat still on my lap during the entire game, but held his hands over his ears the whole time so the PA system and announcers were not hurting his ears.

As a result, we traded in our 1/4 season of Jazz games for a season of Ute Football AND Basketball (and saved money). He loved every minute of basketball the following year, and tolerated the football, but loved every minute of the marching band.

1 Like

Since there’s been minor drama, I’ve gotta smile here……

2 Likes

Looks like he’s aware of the NY media and fans. It also looks like he’s at least attempting damage control before things get out of hand. Seems like a decent kid, his mom seems to be all about her, and basking in the secondary limelight her son brings. For his sake I hope she doesn’t become a liability.

1 Like

I hope you don’t mean that.