Because.. Florida

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: 5 dead, 6 injured in shooting at a bank in Louisville, KY

[quote=“LAUte, post:25, topic:7321”]

Lol, I guess mostly all the crazy things that happen in Florida these days are, by default, political or religious.

3 Likes

Still looking for the Champagne. :wink:

3 Likes

A Spirit Airlines ticket counter… in Florida. What could possibly go wrong?

3 Likes

So a fight breaks out in a mosquito-infested swamp where criminals go to hide.

On a side note, it won’t be long now until the whole state is underwater. Figure they will need pontoon planes to fly in and out of there. :wink:

5 Likes

When Disney is underwater Desantis will still be fighting them.

5 Likes

Oddly enough, Utah does all the same things Florida does, but when Utah does these things, they are done by neatly dressed men who announce the actions with a gentle, sing-songy lilt in their voices.

11 Likes

The best part of that video was the dude in the hat walking past/stepping over the brawl on the way to his gate… completely unfazed like it’s an every day thing. He must fly out of there often.

3 Likes

I saw that.
Putting a LEO in a Guillotine choke is a great way for them to just reach for their fire-arm and kill you since - in this rare example - you really are threatening their life and their fear for their safety is well placed.

1 Like

Yeah honestly its kinda surprising/lucky that something tragic didn’t happen either way.

Safe holiday travels, everyone!

5 Likes

Before I even click on the link I have to ask: how much alcohol was involved?

3 Likes

Here’s a little excerpt from the article that might provide a clue…

Needless to say, her fellow passengers didn’t seem pleased. And she appeared less pleased with their reaction, courteously pulling up her pants before unleashing on other travelers.

“I don’t give a f—,” she yells. “F— you, I gotta go pee!”

4 Likes

Ummm…

A naked Florida woman has been arrested after police say she drunkenly threatened convenience store workers with a vegetable peeler and masturbated in front of law enforcement officers.

Celia Barrett, 35, was taken into custody on Sunday following the incident at a RaceTrac store in St Petersburg, Florida.

2 Likes

My 80 something year old mom once had her toenail clippers comandeered by TSA as a flight risk, but now I guess I see they’re point. Thankfully, she was fully clothed at the time.

2 Likes

Ms Barrett was charged with aggravated assault, disorderly intoxication, trespass, criminal mischief, and exposure of sexual organs…

Two observations:

1. I’ve always wanted to meet somebody who has been sentenced to prison for criminal mischief, just to ask them “Everyone can relate to some horseplay and tomfoolery, but what exactly did you DO?”

2. Stories about Florida come out all the time, this story is not that remarkable, but it does say something about the Sunshine State that their Legislature passed a law regarding exposure of sexual genitals. How did that debate go?

Anita Bryant vs the Beach and Spring break Tourism Coalition?

“Point of order, Mr. Chaiman! I’d like to point out that while many of these offenses happen on the sabbath and I understand that may offend many of the good people of our fair state, but… these people do bring in a TON of tourist dollars.

3 Likes

A female streaker with a potato peeler…and she isn’t related to Lorena Bobbit? :wink:

5 Likes
3 Likes

Not Florida, but Florida-adjacent. Sorry @Carolina_Cycling_Ute

5 Likes