Ballads you love

This is a pretty good ballad by CSN

3 Likes

I’ve been on a REO Speedwagon kick lately. Must add a little “power” to the ballad; RIP to the late, great Gary Richrath.

1 Like
1 Like

These songs have meant a lot to me ever since 9/11.

One of my favorite ballads…

4 Likes

A backstory I did not know.

3 Likes

Murder Ballads may be an unpopular category but there are some great ones:

The Original is better but Kurt made it popular to Gen X:

3 Likes

I figured this belonged here, rather than either of the other two threads mentioning the musical ‘Grease’ this evening… enjoy!

2 Likes

One of my favorite ballads (apologies in advance if I’ve posted this before):

1 Like

My mom loved Nancy Wilson.
Its like, if you Google “elocution,” her photo pops up.

1 Like

I’m not sure how, but I copied the wrong link here, this is the ballad I intended to post:

3 Likes

No list is complete without

4 Likes

Tracy Chapman and Pavarotti.

When Pavarotti and Tracy Chapman stunned the world in a soulful operatic duet.

In the year 2000, one of Pavarotti’s duet partners was Tracy Chapman. Together at the Pavarotti & Friends for Cambodia and Tibet concert, the pair performed Chapman’s heartfelt 1988 ballad ‘Baby Can I Hold You’ in a coming-together of two musical worlds, with a magical result…

After the American singer-songwriter opens her song, the tenor takes his verses and phrases in his native Italian as the songwriter accompanies on guitar.

Even though the duet does not deviate from the restrained original feel of the song, there’s still a chance for the opera star to showcase his beautiful tone, vibrato and musical sensitivity in long, legato lines. It also highlights the exquisite genius of the song, in the yearning, softly rocking melody which mirrors that longed-for embrace in the lyrics.

The piece concludes with a delicate call and response between the two singers.

#pavarotti #pavarotti #LucianoPavarotti #tracychapman #tracychapman #operaduet #operaduets #fypシ #fyp #viralvideoシ

3 Likes

Amen

This song was allways and shall always be a singular, massive opus. Artie’s soaring voice is so splendid. Paul is a genius.

3 Likes
5 Likes