Ba Bye…

Far from implausible, time will tell how accurate your idea is.

1 Like

I’d be happy joining the B1G, but an expanded playoff is the future of college football. This is the crucial issue. Without this, it’s NFL-lite.

1 Like

If UO and UW go quickly, the super league reality accelerates and the PAC and B12 may need to merge.

If the PAC stays at 10 and does some minor expansion, the LA schools took the money and will struggle to reach the apex. (Ask anyone associated with Hawaii how tough it is to travel that far east - it bites in a big way.)

If I’m the AD or President of the LA schools, I’m lobbying for some western partners as hard as I can. Their jobs will be on the line pretty fast without them. Ugly, uninspiring road losses will sink a coach & an AD faster than anything.

Ask BYU how those eastern road trips go. One or two a year is one thing. 5 or 6 per year would sink even a Top 5 team.

7 Likes

Couple of random thoughts:

• USC and Penn St deserve each other

• not sure I would want Utah in the B1G, (elevating Utahs program to the kevel of USC, UW and Oregon was one thing, but being asked to also compete against Ohio St. Michian, etc is a bridge too far in thus new era of NIL)

• its completely ridiculous that schools like Vandy, Purdue, Mississippi St get grandfathered in while a schhol like UW is on the outside looking in

• in 2024 will i be watching Utah play on the Animal Planet station on a Wednesday night?

• this was a kick in the boys for sure, but like Newbomb said Im a Utah fan and would be excited to watch the play whomever wherever

5 Likes

I’m with you but if things continue as they appear to be going, it’ll be a Power2 scenario so no choice unless we want to be in the second tier. Yeah college sports are ruined.

3 Likes

I haven’t followed the melt down. Personal crap, you know.

My Pollyanna eyes think let’s add SDSU and Nevada.

Yes, I’m delusional. That’s what makes me serial killer sexy.

8 Likes

Anybody from outside UteFans nation who wants to be a good guest is welcome here. Still, no one gets banned just for being annoying. For example, against all odds @Buhbye is still here.

3 Likes

I’ve agreed and liked the bulk of comments above. I can’t add much beyond what’s been said. However I do want to mention in this that I originally thought I couldn’t loath USC more…I was wrong.

6 Likes

This is where It is customary to say there is only one thing left to do…

Win the whole F-ing thing.

9 Likes

Here’s a video analysis about the PAC-10/12 expansion.

Pretty interesting.

1 Like

Looks like Oregon and Washington are staying.

Kal to the Warsaw Pact

FTFO!

???

1 Like

This guy doesn’t have an axe to grind. If they add four more we’re out in his opinion.

Seems to me this is the direction the whole country is going. The rich, super urban, coastal areas giving the finger to everyone else. What now? These parts bolt to Europe?

The backlash is what gave us Trump.

4 Likes

NIL made college football NFL for younger people. I don’t know anyone who really likes it but (insert platitude here) and everyone needs to adapt.

FTFO!

Careful. Keep this up and you’ll be assigned to the basket of deplorables, or perhaps be named a fellow-traveler with its members.

First we reach out to Kansas and Kansas State and invite them. (Yes, I know, small TV market. OK, never mind.)

So failing that idea, let’s just approach the Big Ten and ask them to merge with us. Why not? That’s the direction things are going anyway.

(Yes, I’m kidding.)

And here we’ve been complaining about the SEC and ESPN all this time.

So I’ve learned a long time ago that in this country, change is what it’s about and the happiest people don’t fight it but ride the wave.

But if this is about college football trying to be more like the NFL, I think it loses its competitive advantage. Without tradition, regional pride, the localized rivalries, the federalist element, what else is there?

We don’t have conferences anymore. Just big blobs.

As far as just the game stripped down goes, the NFL is faster, just better, more dazzling.

This wouldn’t be the first time an element of the sports industry that was preeminent committed suicide because of foolish business decisions. See MLB.

3 Likes

Isn’t it obvious what’s going to happen.

UW, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, maybe Notre Dame to the Big 10.

Utah, Colorado, the AZ schools, to the Big 12.

Three blobs.