Ba Bye…

I’m here for you brother. Hugs. Yankee fans unite!

Besides, some Boston fans can be pretty obnoxious. Now that they’ve had so much success in three dynasties, its probably worse. There are a surprising amount of socks fans out here.

Well… to be fair… I’m a Yankee fan, and even I find most other Yankee fans to be entitled, over-confident, and wholly unrealistic at times. Yankee twitter is a thing to behold. But… I don’t love my Yanks cuz of the other fans, so…

HMm only really began about 20 years ago… and Ive not traveled into that part of the country since the 80s. Also, Little America, WY cannot be happy about losing it’s legendary spot as the worlds biggest Truckstop and/or gas station

1 Like

see, I hear/see “tim bits” and my mind goes to either cannibalism, or stra8 into the gutter. I blame a misspent youth watching horror movies, and 8 years in the Navy as a very thirsty sailor… who didnt dare really hit on the other guys.

1 Like

Hey now, Iowa 80 is the worlds largest truckstop. And Buc-ee’s are overrated - Give me Casey’s breakfast pizza any day of the week as the pinnacle of gas station food. Sure, they have barbecue but if i’m in an area that has a Buc-ee’s I can find better barbecue than a gas station.

Man, this is the weirdest thread.

9 Likes

Well, if we are detouring to truck stops…

It isn’t fantastic or even special, but I usually find myself stopping at the Denny’s / Flying J on the south end of Nephi when I travel to parts south (usually to St. George or Brian Head). It’s a nice break, and the chicken fried steak isn’t bad, especially with a little Tabasco and lime.

1 Like

Sure is an odd thread, but it has been entertaining. At least it has been to me.

2 Likes

I was a Red Sox fan for a long time, but before it was fashionable. 2004 was a dream year for me. But after a few more years of success, they suddenly had lots of fans like USC fans–bandwagon people. I still have a sentimental attachment to them, though. Fenway is one of the best places anywhere to watch a game–right up there with the other two of the three oldest stadiums in MLB–Wrigley and Dodger Stadium.

1 Like

Timmy’s hasn’t been as good as they once were since they started prepping most of their donuts in a central facility and shipping them to the stores to finish baking. They were much better when everything was made fresh in the store. And removing the Canadian Maple donut (maple cream filled donut with maple frosting) from the menu is a crime against humanity! We still get our Timbits every time we go up to visit family though.

2 Likes

I was def post this era when I visited.

It will be overrated but Isn’t just yet. Sure you can find better BBQ but not when you want to take a leak, fill up and keep truckin’.

A thread about LA schools in a Midwest conference was destined to end up in truck stop talk. We’ve avoided the lot lizard convo.

To be fair I’ve only been to the ones in Quebec and Ontario. I think the human Rocky Mountain oysters are more in Saskatoon.

2 Likes

Cool your ice skates there Great White Norther. Everyone knows fried Bismarcks with Bavarian cream and a Swiss chocolate glaze are the Platinum Standard. Not selling those is the real crime against humanity. :wink:

1 Like

Pipe down boomer boy, that’s called a Boston Cream at Tim’s and they are always on the menu. But second place to the Canadian Maple which isn’t in every location anymore which is the biggest travesty ever!

Edit to add: I always get a BC when they don’t have a Canadian Maple. Good eats.

1 Like

Oh? I gotta remember that.

1 Like

The closest Buc-ees to Utah is in Ft Worth or Denton. You get west of Ft Worth it’s Alsup’s then Maverik as you get out of New Mexico.

Don’t even ask about Waffle House.

But southern states are so small, you can throw a post pattern in Tennessee and end up in Ohio. Not so here. It could be 500 miles to the next metro area.

I mean Waffle House is in Colorado and Arizona. :man_shrugging:

Nashville to Cincinnati is 4.5 hour drive. You would go through Louisville and some decent size college towns before arriving. That drive from Arches to Farmington, NM is pretty desolate but it’s wonderful. Also, probably why it couldn’t support a Buc-ee’s. Gotta have volume and more than US 5 Congressmen.

One going in between Denver and Ft. Collins (Johnson Corner)

3 Likes

UCLA already struggling with G5 Midwest teams. Lol

And now:

1 Like