Arizona Coyotes to Utah

They’re starting (or soon will start) having people vote on a new name.

1 Like

The vote has been going on for a while.

There is no plan to have the name unveiled anytime soon. The team will play with “Utah” on the sweaters this year.

1 Like

My perception was they want to get a name and logo so they can start selling lots of jerseys and other apparel. But even if that stuff just says Utah Hockey team, lots of hockey fans will buy it as soon as they can, then make another purchase once the team gets an official name.

3 Likes

Becomes a collectors item.

4 Likes

They’ve been very public they’re not in a rush to get anything out. Ryan Smith isn’t impulsive. He’s a tactician.

well, “Utah Hockey Team/Club” is no different than “Charlotte FC”.

A crime against nature was corrected when the coyotes moved to Utah. The world is out of balance when teams from Miami or Las Vegas are competing for Lord Stanley’s Cup. Screw nationalism…GO OILERS!

5 Likes

… anything.

I fixed this for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So now taxpayers are on the dime for a hotel/conference center too?

Delta Center renovations could begin next year. Here’s what some of Smith’s plans look like

1 Like

one of the ‘benefits’ of living in a 1st world urban area

1 Like

So more “Infrastructure” is coming for the Winter Olympics.

2 Likes

You mean the conference center the taxpayers already own and pay for?

The Salt Palace is a Salt Lake County facility.

Or the hotel the county and state invested $75M for thats attached to the Salt Palace?

Did you know the Scheels in Sandy hasn’t paid a dime of taxes yet, which is why it was built there?

This is the normal cutthroat business world, but apparently most people just never notice

5 Likes

America, land of the free, home of the cutthroats

2 Likes

Given Park City and Bingham . Why weren’t the Miners ever considered? Incorporate copper, silver and black into the uniforms. Makes sense to me.

2 Likes

Name Salt Lake City’s NHL team the “Raging Saints” with red, white and blue Jerseys

1 Like

Brine Shrimp

5 Likes

Bonneville cutthroats are fun to fish for. :smiley:

2 Likes

Utah Smoggies

1 Like

Utah MLMs

1 Like

I think my son and his buddy’s Saltair FC Fightin’ Brine gear looks a lot better than this stuff and it’s just for a mythological early 20th Century soccer team.

3 Likes