America's Pastime

One of the great things about baseball is every field is different

4 Likes

I used to love the old Busch Stadium because it made teams have to play Bingo Ball. You used to have to mash like no other to get it out of the park there. Too many of the new stadiums were designed as Bam Boxes where middle infielders had a shot of hitting HR’s.

1 Like

Or how about the NY Giant Polo Grounds where Willie Mays made his famous catch. Around 270 down the lines but 480 in dead center where the bullpens were in play. I don’t think anyone ever went yard over the bullpens. That’s 483 plus a 20 foot wall. :astonished:

5 Likes

RIP Don Sutton

1 Like

Anyone catch the Field of Dreams presentation and
game on Thursday? Admitting FoD is my personal GOAT so means a little extra something, but it was a fun fun night. Man I love this game (typing as I sit here watching a little league game).

4 Likes
1 Like

Lol. This guy made me laugh. The 03 and 04 ALCS were probably some of the best baseball I’ve ever seen or will see.

1 Like

This 12 year old can bring it. 72-73 4-seam. Offspeed with movement. Fun to watch.

2 Likes

Please leave this one sport alone. Pretty please……

2 Likes

Sunflower spit pit?

I can get behind a lot of animal rights stuff, I really can. I love animals! But the whole PETA/veganism thing just strikes me like a cult. I had some vegan neighbors the other year and they were insufferable. In fact, I had a vegan friend years ago who tried to convince me to feed my cats vegetarian cat food. The genuine lack of logic I see from these people is mind-boggling.

3 Likes

PETA complaining about the term ‘bullpen?’ Reminds me of the South Park episode where PETA made the elementary school change their mascot name (cows).

1 Like

Well, you do know that they are vegan. They all tell you so, with a sanctimonious look and tone of voice.

1 Like

The only reason a cat would go near a vegetable garden is because they think it is their outdoor litter box.

4 Likes
4 Likes

TMobile is offering MLB.TV again free for its members beginning Tuesday April 5th. Its a nice perk.

1 Like

It’s not a nice perk if you’re an Oakland A’s fan after they’ve traded all their top players. Being a fan of that team is like torture.

1 Like

The Colorado Rockies have entered the chat.

1 Like

But Kris Bryant … after losing anyone that ever gets good.

Ok, time to get geared up again for the Annual Freeway Series Season. Spending the 2022 World Series rolling between Chavez Ravine and Anaheim would be another item to take off the bucket list.