America's Pastime

There is still very little in life better than a night out with friends to a baseball game with stadium hot hogs and beer on the menu.

5 Likes

Why do they taste so good and better than anything else. I’ll grill a dog at home and it’s good, but a boiled dog in a squished steamed bun with some mustard and maybe onion at a ballpark? Can’t be matched. It’s bizarre.

5 Likes

Definitely one of the World’s Greatest Culinary Mysteries! :wink:

2 Likes

I was disappointed last year to see that Colosimo’s (or whoever it was) wasn’t selling hot dogs at the Bee’s games any more. The only dogs were at the regular snack bars.

Anybody know what happened?

I’m here in CO and go to an occasional Rockies game - good venue and great views but downtown (which I don’t love). I miss being in an AAA city (grew up in ABQ - Dukes, now Isotopes; SLC - Bee’s; Austin - Red Rock Express) - like the size, cheap tickets, …

I don’t blame Guerrero for being upset. Still, this might have been just a case of Cone being a little wild. It was a curve ball that hit him. If a pitcher is going to hit a batter he does it with a fastball. But prior to that there were a couple of very inside fastballs. Another but: Batters should never go out to the mound.

1 Like

Vlad Jr. cant log into Facebook?

2 Likes

I changed the video out for a longer YouTube clip, @IrvingWashington.

Just seeing Tommy Lasorda makes me irrationally angry and I involuntarily started swearing at my computer.

2 Likes

lol. It was a curve ball.

2 Likes

This feat seems almost to defy the laws of physics.

An infamous trio of goof-ups.

1 Like

This clip shows how the knuckleball drives opposing batters and the pitcher’s own catcher nuts.

I could never figure out how to throw one, never tried to catch one, and tried many times but NEVER hit one; which just makes me normal.

Yep. That’s my Rockies.

Let’s all try not to be this guy.

1 Like

Classic. Looks like she was a good sport about it.

Reading this story today I uttered words that I never thought would come out of my mouth, “He may be better than Mays.”

Shohei Ohtani v. Red Sox

How can a paragraph like this not make a baseball fan smile?

Pitching at the historic ballpark for the first time, Ohtani struck out 11 in seven shutout innings and added two hits — one of them a 109 mph line drive that banged off the Green Monster so hard that it knocked his No. 17 out of the pitcher’s slot on the manual scoreboard.

3 Likes

He’s a freak of nature. And easy to like. A rare combination.

with the focus on pitching and the infield shifts for left and right handed batters, hitting is down to 7.7 hits per game (less than 4 hits per team per game). The lowest hits per game in the history in baseball.

I like baseball but the game is getting hardet and harder to watch.