Admit it. We would all take Urban back

If Urban were to get fired and would be willing to come back to Utah - we would take him. We would be crazy not to. Anyone disagree?

I disagree.

4 Likes

100%

Love what he did here, but I wouldn’t want him back.

2 Likes

Like - If they hired him I would give up my tickets but still go to the Rose Bowl when he takes us there disagree?

I would still go to the games but I wouldn’t like it.

Or

I would not attend until he left.

I wouldn’t. I consider myself a Utah fan, not a Utah fanatic. Although it’s fun seeing Utah sports do well, in the end, I’m not playing and I don’t wear Utah sports on my sleeves. I value integrity and certain, albeit subjectively, moral compass.

As a former Utah athlete, Utah athletics will always be in my blood, but it’s not always a meaningful part of my current life.

3 Likes

What about redemption? Is that a value you hold dear? We all make mistakes, maybe Urban has made his fair share. No redemption?

He’s a 57 yo man who have been in the limelight and made millions. He doesn’t owe me, personally, anything and shouldn’t need any redemption from me. I’m not condemning him – not my place. His values, at least in this one instance, are not consistent with mine. It’s that simple.

1 Like

That’s fair. “This one instance” - meaning letting a girl dance by him while his wife is away? I respect your moral compass but it seems pretty harsh?

Urb ain’t coming. Given the shady stuff he did in C-Bus and Gainesville, if you are wanting him back, the fleas come with the dog.

I would drop my season tix, and likely stop watching the games. Don’t believe winning at all costs with kids…the price is too high.

He can go to SoCal and start the next â– â– â– â–  Storm Hurricane. He might get SC another National Championship, but the devastation he will leave in his wake will result in the Utes winning the South, PAC 12 and getting us in the CFP for almost a decade.

5 Likes

If anything, USC needs to get some distance from the misguided escapades of others. He’s not coming here. Never was.

5 Likes

I would take the 2004 version back.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Harsh? Am I denying his human rights? Sending him to jail? Denying him opportunities on behalf of all football programs? Calling him a sinner? Condemning him for all eternity? Calling him names? Look…you asked for opinions, I gave it. If I were an AD, I wouldn’t hire him – given his track record, somebody would, and likely multiple somebodies.

Not sure why you are trying to paint me into a corner. It’s your prerogative, I suppose. For someone as accomplished as he is, he will have ample opportunities, irrespective of what I think. To me, he’s not my cup of tea – that doesn’t mean I’m faultless. Clearly, you and I have different stances. That’s cool. To some, football/sports/winning is everything. Just not my thing. Just because I was a D1 athlete at Utah, my opinion doesn’t weigh any more or any less. Just an opinion, FWIW.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t want him. But if he’s here Im still going, not for Urban but I love our student athletes.

3 Likes

Yeah I was just having a discussion. I’m cool with disagreeing just thought I could give my thoughts as well. Winning isn’t everything to me either. Just don’t agree and as I said above - I respect your position. Go Utes!

1 Like

All good. To each’s own. I certainly don’t wish Urban any ill will. It’s just that, to me, at his age and experience, I expected more. As mentioned, it’s not as though I condemn him for the rest of his life.

1 Like

hard pass

2 Likes

Man - I underestimated how principled our fan base is! I’ll never see a Ute Rose Bowl. TIC

I have no principles. But I expect our coaches to have them.

9 Likes

Understatement of the year.

5 Likes