2024 NCAA tournament

https://twitter.com/PacFight/status/1770821138681037196?t=eOHDdtKFq7g5Ew3WxuLW1A&s=19

$14 bucks to get in the Delta Center today. My interest today is zero. I remember these two days being some of the best days in sports in the past.

I don’t pay nearly as much attention as I used to, but I do still really enjoy the first weekend of March Madness.

My 10-year-old twins filled out brackets for the first time this year, so they’re both ALL IN on the outcome of these games, which will be fun.

1 Like

That building is old by SLC standards. I assumed that it would have been decommissioned by now. Do the Jazz still play there?

I have to admit—and maybe this is silly—because of Utah’s lack of participation over the last 19 years, I have lost a lot of interest in the tournament. I may check out some scores, but I just don’t get into it anymore. Pretty sad. I have great memories of watching our Utes not only play in the tournament but win a game or two or three.

4 Likes

I filled out a bracket on ESPN and I will maybe monitor the scores. Going to watch the games…nope.

2 Likes

Y’all are a bunch of fuddy duddies. I bought tickets to both days at the Delta Center and took the day off today. 4 games today for teams I have no rooting interest for, although underdogs will get most of my cheers.

The days when we had this at the Huntsman Center were some great memories. I remember seeing Steve Nash’s 14 seed Santa Clara take down #3 seed Arizona. I also remember watching Jerry Tarkanian’s UNLV team play.

In the Delta center, I watched Godoy Hayward’s Butler Bulldogs take down higher seeds.

Im looking forward to hopefully some great basketball and a couple of memorable upsets.

6 Likes

I watched this game in the media room in the Harold B. Lee Library.
There was a group of young men cheering in that otherwise pin-drop quiet building.

1 Like

I cannot get myself to root for Arizona, even though they are conference mates.

4 Likes

I was likewise indifferent about Colorado vs Boise.

Technically, we’re between conference memberships, in hoops. So, I feel zero obligation to root for CU or UA or anyone else.

It’s like watching Air Force vs Sam Houston State, a matchup that faces fierce competition with Youtube, in my miniature part of the universe.

It’s kind of liberating.

4 Likes

at least byu can say the lost to DUQ

5 Likes

BYU just lost. Hillarious!

3 Likes

Two of the BYU homers in my office pool both picked the Zoobs to the final.

Them losing amuses me greatly. :laughing:

Also, Annie Agar for the win (as always).

https://twitter.com/AnnieAgar/status/1770888055857029231

11 Likes

As I usually do, I go chalk with my brackets because trying to choose a 15 over 2 or 16 over 1 is pretty much luck. And the higher seeds almost always win until you get below 4.

That being said, I chose against byu-provo as I always do. And Dusquene beats TDS handily. :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Anyone watching the games? Is the ball getting stuck in the nets like they are here at the Delta Center? It’s kind of annoying.

1 Like

Does anyone else remember the Zoob fan that showed up here the week of the Utah-BYU game and talked smack not only about how BYU would win that game but that they were going to the Elite 8? Wonder where he is.

5 Likes

Early last fall I ran into a Zoob who was trying to convince me that byu-provo was going to go to the CFP because they were 3-0 or something at the time. I laughed as I usually do at those intellectual lightweights.

4 Likes

What a shame for BYU. I have lost some of my distaste for BYU over the past 12 years. I’m sure it will return, but for now my bball dislike is Arizona and football is ASU.

3 Likes

I haven’t lived in Utah for decades, and I still loathe byu-provo. My basketball dislike is Georgetown, but that’s another story. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, both the Ducks and the Buffs did their job.

1 Like

Magical? I must’ve missed that.

4 Likes