2024 football schedule

Well apparently we’re moving to a much stronger conference tho - pundits be damned. And that’s even with OU and Texas departing, and four G5’s joining. :wink:

3 Likes

I just stated facts. Not my opinion. I think it’s funny that you guys are acting like I think the old Pac-12 is not preferable. The problem is your conference believed the alliance they made with the Big 1G, and ACC would make them stronger. Little did they know they would be betrayed by the smiling faces of the Midwest. So, the bellyaching about how ■■■■ the Big XII is just annoying considering your fanbase is a newbie to P5 football. Meanwhile, solid programs like Oklahoma State, TCU, Iowa State, K-State, Kansas are being dragged through the mud by people from SLC after being given a lifeline when your ship got sank by the folks in LA County.

I care about those solid programs like I care about Utah. I hear SEC fans crap all over Pac-12 schools and others and it’s equally as annoying to me if not more. The disrespect shown by fans to foreign areas to them is just sad to me.

I get it though. You don’t care about anything in the Central Time zone.

2 Likes

I encourage you to heed my advice and just let it go. We know how you feel about it.

3 Likes

That sounded ominous.

4 Likes

This was just posted. It looks like the Utes are heavy on DE’s and could use at least 1 more DT. Not being too familiar with BigXII rosters, it could be that they plan to play 4 DE’s on passing downs.

2 Likes

Yeah, last year was similar. They seem to be going more and more DE heavy the last few years.

As it stands, I believe the 2024 scolly DT’s are: Pepa, Tafuna, Fotu, Vimahi, Tanuvasa, and Vakalahi (note, they may not all be participating in Spring ball). So 6 total, where there were 5 scolly DT’s last season. Still, wouldn’t be super surprised to see them pick up a transfer.

1 Like

After seeing that line up, all I can say is Thank You Ronnie Mac for getting that Polynesian Pipeline rolling!

4 Likes

Just ran across this analysis, which focuses on the Big 10. USC travels a whopping 16,134 miles for its conference games next season.

I imagine Cal and Stanford will have it even worse. I’d love to see this analysis focused on all conferences - and on other sports, when their schedules are released.

4 Likes

Note, this analysis was created prior to Oregon and Washington joining the conference, dated 6.10.23.

2 Likes

Remembering the year we had a rash of injuries at DT and played Derrick Shelby and Greg Newman inside a lot. That worked really well for bringing pressure up the middle. The 245 lb Shelby shot the A gaps over and over.

I want to see what the player leadership looks like, but our defense looks legit.

If Morgan wakes up at night, a review of our roster should help him get back to sleep with a grin on his face.

4 Likes