2023 Rose Bowl Thread: Utes vs. Nittany Lions

This will get your heart pumping.

As I watched this, I was thinking. 15 years ago wouldn’t this video have looked like a fantasy dream?

7 Likes

No Kincaid. Heal up for the draft!

5 Likes

Next man up! Yassmin!

4 Likes

Love the dude, but damn that hurts. :disappointed:

9 Likes

Losing Kincaid is going to make it a lot more difficult to win the game. I wasn’t sure if he was 100% healthy anyway, but I figured he would still play.

Hopefully he is taken with a high pick.

3 Likes

Hopefully Vele is healthy by then and can pick up the slack. His only significant contribution the championship game was fair catching punts.

2 Likes

He came back in a year he could already be playing sundays and was a consistent, inspiring leader both on and off the field.
Let’s assume he is building Yasmin up and hope he will be with the team for the game.

3 Likes

It sounds like he’s more injured than thought.

The Trib has changed their story and removed “opt out”. Players don’t usually travel with the team when they opt out, and he is, he’s likely just too injured to play.

7 Likes

I’m surprised that we haven’t heard about any choking deaths from the Nat’l media over U$C’s loss to us. Since they were the anointed CFP contenders because of Riley; who’s never proven to be more than Jim Fassel in the Big XII or PAC 12.

3 Likes

Phillips declared for the draft and won’t be playing in the Rose Bowl.

2 Likes

bummer, I understand the risk of injury in a bowl game (and maybe not in Phillips case because he’s got enough draft cred to go high in the draft), but isn’t it shortsighted to not want to perform on the biggest stage, play well and improve your stock? Maybe I’m wrong but these last few games would have benefited a guy like Tavion Thomas exponentially IMO (caveat: I don’t know Tavions personal situation so maybe that’s unfair to single him out), but in general I think too many players opt out in the post season. Its becoming the load management issue of the NBA.

2 Likes

I half-understand these decisions and half-dislike them.

3 Likes

I feel ya. I get it. You blow a knee out and go from pick 12 to pick 43…you lost millions of dollars, potentially 10+. I understand. I don’t want you to lose life changing money. AND, the earlier you can get to …enhancing your body for the NFL, the better you’ll do at the combine, etc.

I get it. But I’ll miss him. I’m just happy he played vs USC. A complete stud.

5 Likes

It’s business. Risking a high draft position, and with it millions of dollars, it’s easy to understand the choice. I am sure he wrangled with this decision more than a lot. I am sure on several levels he feels like he is letting the team down, but he isn’t. When he is playing on Sunday and building his professional reputation and resume, Kyle and the staff will be selling it as a selling point for playing at Utah.

I am glad Clark chose Utah and had a great college career here, now it is time for him to transition to his next career - the NFL. I wish I’m and his family nothing but success.

8 Likes

From what little I’ve read, PSU’s strength is not their passing attack. I don’t think CP3 would have a chance to show a lot.

2 Likes

:rofl:

11 Likes

Micah playing both ways again. I hope not, but I could certainly see CP3’s announcement triggering some PTS here.

2 Likes

That was an impressive stand up act by MB. But watching this year… I think Savage will be more ready + JT and Vaughn have split reps, some games.

So, I’d say JT, Vaughn, Vaki at NB (who doubles as a small LB). Should be OK, depending on what’s going on up front.

3 Likes

would the new 12 team playoff change players decision this time of year?

1 Like

Fair question. Wish I could answer it, or knew the answer.

3 Likes