2023 Rose Bowl Thread: Utes vs. Nittany Lions

did last year the crimson club make it down to donor level 2 for seats? Or did they sell out much higher?

Don’t recall. I do know there were tickets available at level 4, but not really great seats.

1 Like

I just bought my seats and learned that buying in small chunks (2-3 seats) works best. Trying to buy more than that makes your request collide with others seeking big sets of seats, and the system gets very frustrating.

Not being particularly savvy on betting lines, I am just going to assume this is right. It sounds like the betting money is coming in for Utah.

Utah by 15. And utah is going to get like 15 sacks!!

Wouldn’t break my heart. Hopefully your prediction is accurate.

Utah by 5. Trust me.

3 Likes

I have no idea how one would set a line without knowing who is and isn’t playing.

Both teams at full strength? I’d say that Utah -2 is about right.

Utah without Rising? Phillips? Kincaid? Penn St without Clifford? Some…other guy (I don’t pay any attention to Penn St)? Completely different outcomes.

1 Like

Found this podcast thru YT algorithm… Nice to get some material direct from PSU community:

1 Like

You know, it’s really weird: after Friday’s game, I just don’t give a damn about the NFL.

I’d rather watch re-runs of “Hee-Haw”.

(Ok, not quite that bad.)

7 Likes

Lest we ever forget how special these last two years have been.

14 Likes

Cal hasn’t been since Dwight Eisenhower was president.

9 Likes

We may need to remind the Scum Devils of this next season, especially if we win.

4 Likes

Cal isn’t irritating like bASUra is. They seem kinda hapless, football-wise, in a geeky kind of way.

7 Likes

bASUra gets its annoying from the BS from Frank Kush. Kush hated playing the Utes back in the day because no matter how good his Scummies were, the games with Utah were tough games.

When ASU and UA left in 1978, Kush rocked a presser where he called the competition in the WAC inferior on their way out the door.

Fast forward to 2010 and the announcement that Utah was being accepted into the PAC, Kush went on a scree-filled tirade about the conference lowering itself to bring in Utah as a member.

^^^^This is why I hate ASSU^^^^^

12 Likes

Give me some Green Acres and the NFL can pound sand !!

4 Likes

When we played Cal in the bowl game years ago their weird looking mascot was giving Utah fans unsolicited hugs. I felt violated.

To keep it on topic from myself, booked all my rose bowl travel yesterday, excited to see what tickets I get today!

6 Likes

looks like tocket prices are starting to come down. Stub Hub has them as low as $225.

I think I’ll wait a little bit to see if they continue to fall.

4 Likes

I was born while Dwight Eisenhower was POTUS. So that means I’m younger than Cal’s last appearance in the Rose Bowl. I’ll take that.

2 Likes

A decent analysis–for me, anyway. I don’t know much yet about Penn State.

1 Like