2022-2023 Utah Basketball Thread

They lost by 9. That’s not getting blown out

This was 20 (edit: 25 … RIP Majerus) years ago, but had a roomate that was a grey shirt and he said the players hated playing down there because the floor bounced different and rims felt different. No excuses, but oh well. On to the next one.

It wasn’t as close as it looks. Utes were down 15 or so for a chunk of the second half.

And they came back and got within 3 points. I watched the game too. I guess teams should just give up playing basketball if they ever trail in any game by 15 points at any time. The only thing that matters is the actual final score of the game, not how the teams got there. What if Utah had found a way to come back and win that game today? Would the win not count because they trailed by 15 points at one point of the game?

2 Likes

And they came back and got within 3 points. I watched the game too. I guess teams should just give up playing basketball if they ever trail in any game by 15 points at any time. The only thing that matters is the actual final score of the game, not how the teams got there. What if Utah had found a way to come back and win that game today? Would the win not count because they trailed by 15 points at one point of the game?

WTF?

1 Like

It’s all you constantly negative people. It’s why I hardly ever read this website anymore. I choose to have a different opinion than the rest of you, and apparently that’s not ok. All you do is belittle the team and criticize them every time they lose. Like they planned on losing or something. Instead of like, you in now, supporting them, you choose to belittle them. You all did the same damn crap when Krystowiak was coach. Apparently, it’s never okay to ever lose any game ever. You all give up on them way too easily. What if they come back and beat TCU on Wednesday? I’m sure none of you will be there because you’re a bunch of bandwagon fans who jump off said bandwagon any time a team loses.

1 Like

You need to take your medication and get in the present. You started attacking people and their differing opinions.

2 Likes

College kids winning on the road in a sold out, hostile arena happens rarely…

The difference between a good team, a great team, and an elite team is the ability to take their game on the road and win. Winning at Wazzu tells us we can win on the road. Losing to BYU tells us we don’t have the consistency to win regularly on the road. Elite teams win on the road - therefore we are not elite. Give BYU credit for dictating the game to us. We looked a little lost and confused, so now the team has a teaching moment.

The team is better than what we saw on the floor last season. They are good, but not great. Let’s just see how things progress.

Beating TCU down in Vivint Arena does become a bigger game. You don’t want to end the non conference part of the schedule on a losing streak knowing you open back up to conference play on the road.

One game at a time…just win.

GO UTES!!!

7 Likes

You also attacked my opinion. And I don’t need any medication thank you very much.

1 Like

Agreed

wasn’t expecting Utah basketball to win both the byu and TCU game, but I hope this loss focuses the team to play much better against the Horned Frogs.

3 Likes

Also they play in front of live fans in the MC. That can be a little off-putting when you’re not used to it.

3 Likes

I don’t see that happening here at all. Every loss will cause fans to be critical. That isn’t the same as giving up on the team. Even Coach Smith was disappointed:

“I thought they out-toughed us in every aspect, and I thought their crowd really impacted that game, and we just didn’t handle some things well,” Smith said.

Just let fans be fans. These Utes are a pleasant surprise. We all want to them do well.

2 Likes

Yes we all want to believe. But man, did they lay an egg yesterday. Difficult to watch.

Oh, I get it. It’s especially difficult when they do that against that team.

2 Likes

A defensive battle, low shooting percentages and lots of turnovers on both sides.

BYU definitely was beatable today, just couldn’t hit our shots.

But hopefully a learning experience and good preparation for the upcoming road battles in our conference.

1 Like

We played a relatively easy OOC schedule and we’re physically better than most of the teams we played. Did that contribute to the lack of toughness Smith lamented? Even with that schedule, the coaches did not really build a bench capable of contributing yesterday. To me, that is a problem.

1 Like

They’re still playing their OOC schedule, there’s just some better teams towards the end. It makes sense, we’ll see how they adjust when the games start to really matter. Saturday’s game didn’t really matter that much, right? In a week or two, it gets serious.

Hate to admit that our Utes play at home in front of very few. Yet it is the truth. I may not live in Utah any more but I can see pics and read attendance figures. The Hunty appears to be a ghost town at times.

2 Likes

Of course the game was important from a postseason standpoint. We aren’t winning the PAC. Therefore every game on the schedule is equally important. If Exacte and Saunders can’t help you win in Provo, I don’t see how they can possibly help you win any other games.

2 Likes