2021-2022 Recruiting

A few months back the Utes were talking to 2022 G Jaxon Edwards from Indiana. He just committed to Murray State.

I don’t see any indication the Utes offered.

1 Like
2 Likes

Call me crazy, but I feel getting Keller will help the Utes land Chandler. On twitter, they seem like friends.

Losing Keller might really hurt the Utes chances with Chandler, so Keller is HUGE!

There is no doubt that Keller and Chandler are friends. They have been teammates with the Utah prospects for several years now.

Langston Reynolds, a SG/SF from Colorado who made an unofficial visit to Utah this summer, has committed to Northern Colorado.

Reynolds is an interesting case. A few months ago he was the top rated 2022 recruit in Colorado. Over the summer he made an unofficial tour of regional high majors but was unable to attract an offer.

This would be a big one

4 Likes

Robert Jennings, who had the Utes in his top 6 a while back, has cut his list to 2 and did not include the Utes.

3 Likes

Jenkins is also a grad transfer. Gach is the only one who needs a waiver.

Coach Smith visiting Uzon today. fingers crossed.

1 Like

I have not commented on any basketball thread for awhile, because, as my grandmother used to say, “If you don’t have anything positive to say, don’t say anything at all.”.

I’m struggling to figure out whether to repurchase my 30ish year investment in Ute Season tickets and a lifetime of following Ute basketball, (with my grandparents, parents, and in-laws tickets) and frankly struggling - I’ve payed a LOT of money (tickets + Crimson Club donations to get good tickets) for the last way-too-many-years with very little in return, while being the best optimist/fan possible.

I’m retiring, and starting to think differently about how I spend money; how can I watch a practice? Are they open to the public, and if so, where is a schedule? At this point, what I might see in a practice could be the deciding factor. 18+ years of paying a LOT-for-a-little, is tough, after decades of getting value. (Board mail me if that’s more appropriate.)

Thanks in advance,
salUte - a lifelong Utah Basketball fan

Go Utes!!!

1 Like

Don’t give up your season tickets just yet. With the coaching change, the future is bright for Utah basketball.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Section J tickets are still a bargain? Your ticket got you into the game and seating was first come first serve. IIRC, a season ticket cost about $100.

1 Like

Jennings to Texas Tech.

Might help the Utes a bit with Keller. Texas Tech is one of Keller’s final 4, and he plays the same position as Jennings.

Sounds like it’s and wake forest are his final two

What I think/hope happens.
We lose 5 guys more than likely next year. Jenkins, Anthony, Gach, Battin, and Mahrocic. That is a lot of size, experience, and scoring.

I hope for this class we get Milos Uzan, Zach Keller, and Adrame Diongue. Chandler is a long shot at this point. Plus I think Milos is better at creating for himself and others which we desperately need. He and Worster side by side for a few years would be a fantastic backcourt.
Keller brings in your meat and potatoes stretch four that can bang inside a bit as he gets stronger. Could start right away but first big off the bench would be ideal as a freshman.
Diongue is a prospect you hope you can keep around for a few years. He has lots of potential but might need to marinate for a bit. Has kind of a Lahat role on the team. Hopefully grows into his size.

In our final two spots, you bring in a transfer combo guard that can get a bucket. Either a starter or off the bench. A forward that can defend and rebound. A starting PF alongside Carlson would be great.

I’ve heard some great things about Lazar coming out of camp. He might start a little slow but could be a great get for the program. It would be great if he could become the starting 3 next year. Also, Madsen could be our lights out shooter. If he can stay on the court defensively that would help a bunch this year and next.

Turns out Zach goes to the same HS as my daughter (she’s just a freshman though). Maybe I need to start going to the games this season with a few of my local buddies with our Utah shirts on.

1 Like

Here we go

I’m just wondering if Zach Keller has made his decision yet? Somebody here suggested that he might have some pull with Colin Chandler and that has piqued my interest. By the way, this is where I’ve been coming to get the majority of my basketball recruiting information lately.

2 Likes
2 Likes