You're the mean ones

You’re the mean one’s

In Hawaii and standing in line at the Gazebo restaurant this morning (Napili, Maui) a group of very nice young ladies in church dresses came and stood behind us in line. After a few minutes, a bald guy in his late 30’s, early 40’s, standing with them noticed my Lincoln Riley visor and started chatting us up.

Turns out he’s an assistant A.D. at BYU and he’s there with their women’s golf team for a tournament. During our conversation this is what I learned:

1. BYU students don’t want you in the BIG 12, but BYU administration wants you to be badly (at least he does).
    1. You have jealousy issues.
    1. BYU will not play games on Sunday.
    1. You’re the mean ones.

After breakfast, we wished them luck and told them “Fight On, and Beat the Ruins” as they’re there too. I’ve noticed a disproportionate amount of BYU men are bald. I wanted to ask why but family was with me.

FTFO!

To answer your last question, it’s the same reason they have bad eyesight and hairy knuckles.

6 Likes

Addressing what you learned:

1. Don’t care what either their students or their administration thinks
  2. Of course we’re jealous. We would rather have been independent rather than being forced to join that stupid PAC12
  3. Their choice. We don’t care.
  4. Of course we’re mean. Gotta have a mean streak to be pushing old ladies in wheelchairs down the stairs and also pouring beer on their fans and players.
12 Likes

A Lincoln Riley visor? Do you have a pair of Matt Leinart skivies?

6 Likes

OJ Simpson gloves

6 Likes

Ruh-roh. They’ve figured us out.

3 Likes

We pour BEAR on them. They said so.

Must I learn you everything? :wink:

6 Likes

@Buhbye …you forgot men wearing visors, sunglasses, and hoodies with the hood up in 65 degree weather are disciples of the Unabomber. :wink:

They may not blow up buildings, but they certainly blow up football programs.

2 Likes

It used to have another name but they rebranded it. They are like the Kardashians over there. The aesthetic is the same with a different name.

1 Like

I’m also highly allergic. I had to drive to Pomona to get shots to build immunity as a kid. Driving to Pomona in the late 80s and early 90s you had to dodge shots to get shots. Rocker really proving the lack of empathy that Zoobs was talking about.

2 Likes

Looks like a flowering crabapple. The ones in my neighborhood are bee magnets. Luckily, nothing is going to be blooming anytime soon - unlike last year.

1 Like

For the record, my three bing cherry trees, three apple trees, and plum tree turn my yard into bee central every spring. I have to wait out the flowerings before doing my first mow of the season.

There’s something about wasps that really bring out the kill-or-be-killed instinct. I can deal with rattlesnakes, scorpions, spiders, snails, rats, coyotes, badgers, whatever. Live and let live, this was your place before we showed up.

Wasps don’t get that benefit of the doubt.

I was mowing the lawn and bumped up against a wasp nest in some railroad ties in the backyard, and one of them got me.

GAME ON, you little SOBs!!!

I got the wasp spray and watched for 30 minutes as all the worker wasps returned home, got every last one of them.

5 Likes

I’ve had them set up camp in our gazebo and also in one of our outdoor electrical outlets that has a cover on it. They are not allowed to stay in either place.

1 Like

Does this count as stupid? I was fishing on the Weber a few years ago, in shorts, of course. I stepped on a log and, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a mass of bees/wasps. I didn’t stay there long enough to see just what they were. Around 12-15 bites.

2 Likes

I’m really not into killing things. Except wasps. Eff those little bastards.

2 Likes

I keep Benadryl around because of wasps. Just in case.

Strangely enough that is how I feel about black widows. I have a very strong fight/flight reaction to black widows. My wife is amused, but she doesn’t make fun of me within my hearing, thankfully.

1 Like

2gp37n2

3 Likes

Here’s my wasp encounter story.

Heading north on I-15 a few years ago on my motorcycle in the middle of summer. All geared up, full face helmet, mesh bike jacket, gloves, everything. It was a hot day and I had the jacket unzipped a bit to try to get some airflow. Going about 75 mph in the middle lane.

Bugs were bouncing off my face shield pretty regularly. I felt what seemed like a small one hit my neck just below my helmet…didn’t think much of it. A minute or so later, I felt what seemed like a searing hot needle repeatedly piercing near my left nipple! Mind you, still doing 75 in the middle lane. I start slapping my chest with my free hand and the little MFer is still going to town on me! I finally see an opening in the right lane and get the hell on the shoulder. I jump off my bike, rip my helmet off, strip off the jacket, pull off my t shirt and slap the $#!+ out of my bare chest!

I often wonder what went through the passing motorists’ minds as they drove by…

9 Likes