You know after giac Boylen and now Larry it makes me

Realize just how good Majerus was. I wonder how he’d of done in the PAC 12. Rock was a witch when it came to game planning etc.

Miss Majerus, his coaching his quotes etc.
RIP Rick

I’ve been thinking the exact same thing. We used to be a basketball school. I miss the fat man.

1 Like

He’s busy right now, drawing up plays on a heavenly napkin with Al Maguire and Jack Gardner.

2 Likes

we need Tommy Conner to coach!

1 Like

I recall he was something like 90-3 at home in conference in the MWC. He was probably a once in a lifetime coach for us.

2 Likes

You very seldom ever saw an opposing player get a career night against Utah, rather it was very common for the star players on visiting teams to have their career worst games against us.

Teams would frequently shoot far below their shooting percentage average against us.

Maji was truly a genius when it came to game preparation.

2 Likes

Utah is, perennially, that team who was good and had good players (like late '90s UNLV) who Majerus would beat every single time with game planning and fundamentals. And then they’d say, “We just didn’t have our A game today.”

Yep. While Larry is light years better than Giac & Boylen, he’s still light years behind Maji in preparation and fundamentals.

3 Likes