Wrexham on the Verge of Promotion Again

Yes, sir. This has been a fun season to follow. Mullin has been on fire.
5 points clear with 3 matches remaining.

League One will be a step up. Deadpool will need to dig in his pockets to get to the Championship.

1 Like

Each time a team is promoted, it’s step up in competition. Need stronger (and more expensive) players as a team advances.

2 Likes

Doing it after being promoted only last year, though not a historic thing in English soccer, would be historic for Wrexham.

1 Like

In most instances, this is true. :wink:
However, given that Deadpool FC had loaded up with League Two-level players when they were still in Conference, they did not find a need to buy new players this season.
I am arguing that they will need to do so next season to compete.

True. Carlisle United made a back-to-back run under Paul Simpson a number of years ago, last I remember.

I wish sports leagues in the US would adopt the promotion/relegation system.

2 Likes

I saw an article recently suggesting some form of promotion/relegation for football teams outside the P4 when a super league forms.

1 Like

Would think at some point the MLS has to split into upper/lower divisions. So many teams now (about 30 now I believe) that you don’t play some in the other conference at all in a given year. Trick though is if a team moves into the lower division will they still get the fan support.

2 Likes

Won’t they get more funds as they move up? Certainly Deadpool will need to make some investments, but the revenue should be going up as well (from the league as well as other income).

I read a little about that. Candidly, P4 teams should also be eligible for relegation.

2 Likes

Yes, but, especially in the lower leagues, these league revenue dollars are not enough to support a team at the highest level without owner investment.

1 Like

Ah, ok. I warched the show on Hulu and they mentioned that National was hardest to get out of, really have to spend to get out, League Two was a little better, the League One started to get more revenue sharing.

1 Like

If current results hold, Wrexham gains promotion.

Screen Shot 2024-04-13 at 8.33.53 AM

Ryan’s celebration of promotion will be wild.

1 Like

Wrexham secures promotion.

On to League One!!!

1 Like

I am impressed that you read The Mirror.