Would you rather see the Utes win the Rose Bowl, or make the playoff but lose in the first round?

I had this debate with my family and friends over the weekend. Obviously, both would be amazing outcomes for the season.

Can I just answer “yes”?

5 Likes

Rose Bowl.

6 Likes

Playoff, as long as it’s not a blowout.

2 Likes

I’m on team Turk.

It’s interesting that there is a possibility that Utah could lose the PAC 12 Championship game and still make it to the Rose Bowl. If Utah and Oregon win out, and Oregon goes to a playoff game.

2 Likes

Rose Bowl and I’ll be there when they finally make it.

2 Likes

Rose Bowl!!

1 Like

Rose Bowl! I am an Angeleno!

Just as long as it’s not the Cheez-It Bowl.

Playoffs

1 Like

Rose Bowl

Playoffs.

1 Like

Playoffs. But either would be great.

1 Like

I would prefer the Rose Bowl because a) it’s the Rose Bowl, and b) I’ll be in LA at that time anyway, so I’m going to for sure go.

That said, I could never cheer against my team in the Pac championship game so if it comes down to that there’s no way I’d cheer for them to lose.

1 Like

My goal is to see the Utes in all 6 of the NY6 bowls, so either would be fine as long as the first round games aren’t the Sugar or Fiesta bowls. But I’d prefer to see them win so in your scenario the Rose is preferred.

1 Like

As much as I would love a Rose Bowl, I’d prefer the playoff. It gives you a chance at a national title, which is a rare occasion and one I’d love for the team to have. For a Rose Bowl, less needs to fall in you favor

1 Like

Yea, but in his scenario you’re gonna lose in the first round, so what’s more memorable, Rose Bowl champion or CFB participant. I’d rather have a trophy over a participation ribbon.

Call me crazy, but I would rather end up perennially discussed as a CFP team, so that when we’re doing good we have a chance at the Championship, and on years when we’re not doing so good we can “fall back on” the Rose Bowl.
Don’t get me wrong, both are GREAT - but you can have one AND still have the other be possible other years :slight_smile:
EDIT: of course, you’re aren’t talking long term trending… so… I dunno. Toss up.

1 Like