Whiney little *******

The fan police are out.

1 Like

Am I wrong?

1 Like

This comes off as a parent or relative post. Theyā€™re always super defensive of effort accusations.

If the reputation of the program matter, and the opinions of people who rarely watch Utah in the regular season matter, then this loss is huge imo. You think if the U is 12-1 in the near future (unlikely as it may be) and Oklahoma or Michigan or someone else is 12-1 the judges who decide the 4th playoff spot wonā€™t remember the end of this year? I do.

5 Likes

Let this sink in:

We are in the record books now, and for the wrong reason. Itā€™s OK and quite natural for devoted fans to be disappointed and embarrassed about the last two Utah games, and maybe especially this one.

5 Likes

I feel better now.

1 Like

Whipped cream on a turd still tastes like s***.

2 Likes

Cool story bro

I totally agree with this. Utah is not taken seriously, and for good reason. We donā€™t win the important ones.

1 Like

Yes it does, but itā€™s a little sweeter and looks better

2 Likes

You make a good point. Sugar coating the situation will take away the massive embarrassment weā€™ve not only created for ourselves, but the state and the P12.

How do we get better and aim higher if a majority of our fans have this ā€œweā€™re just glad to be hereā€ attitude. If we as a fanbase put a little bit more pressure and expected more of our coaching staff then maybe our coaches wouldnā€™t pull what they pull. Whitt knows that our administration has no balls to actually put the pressure on so why would he do anything to get over the hump?

2 Likes

Well said.

1 Like

Iā€™m saying he lacks what it takes to win a conference title. Heā€™s won 1. There were 4 won in the 15 seasons before him. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying.

I feel inclined to mention that Whitt only won one MWC title. I donā€™t know a lot about the BSU guy so maybe Iā€™m not qualified to post on this, but Whitt has consistently struggled in regard to winning the conference championship. I know the P12 is quite a change from a G5 conference, and offers many more challenges.

I very much appreciate Whittā€™s efforts, and consider him to be one of Utahā€™s best coaches ever, like most people. I think itā€™s fair to say that he has certain limitations, and as a fan base itā€™s not crazy to hope for something better.

1 Like

Is it a ā€œglad to be hereā€ mentality to look back and appreciate where we have come from and what we have accomplished? Or is it possible to appreciate and still want more? Is it possible to recognize that difficulties have already been overcome, and look forward to continued progress? Or can I only be upset that getting to that next level is not happening as fast as I want it to? Can I want more, but still have some patience?

1 Like

Chris Peterson didnā€™t have a problem winning both.

Iā€™m guessing he wins more than 1 if Utah stays in the MWC.

But we arenā€™t progressing, the same thing happens every single year. Whitt was a decent MW coach who just canā€™t figure it out in a better conference. With USC and Washington down this year, and Oregonā€™s recent top 10 recruiting classes not cycles through yet this was Whittā€™s last chance to win a conference title and he whiffed. Like he did several times in the MW. Remember getting pummeled at home by TCU?

Everything you are saying is wrong, but this is measurably wrong. We have won the south division two years in a row. Thatā€™s progress. We have also improved dramatically in recruiting rankings. Thatā€™s measurable progress as well. We will finish ranked in the top 20, which is higher than weā€™ve finished in 5 years. By every metric that people traditionally use in college football, Utah has progressed.

6 Likes

I think he might be a fairly clever troll, which is somewhat amusing.

1 Like