Where did you get your masks?

So we have been using some bandannas, but they don’t stay on the bridge of the nose. We want to get some cloth masks that loop around the ear but there are so many options out there and half of them on Amazon or other online shops don’t look reputable. Has anyone bought any and had good success with them? If so, can you recommend where you got them?

I’ve been wondering the same thing.

Seems like even a lot of hospital workers are getting a pattern online and making they’re own.
My mom made us a couple in pretty short order.

Why bother? I have yet to wear a mask. I left all
my N95 masks in my sister’s garage after finishing a bathroom remodel for her. She needs it as she’s a cancer survivor.

Correct. I’ll say it again. My wife is a retired Respiratory Therapist. She says you wear the mask if you are sick to keep from spreading your disease. If you are not sick, you wear the mask to keep from touching your face.

4 Likes

I will be right behind you in line.

3 Likes

I also touch my face and rub my eyes and my dad did too.
Retrospective study n=2?

OK, so trying to redirect back to the question of my original post…

Where did you guys buy your masks?

I have not purchased these but sugarhouse industries (née awnings) are now making face masks for sale to the public.

The wife bought several cases of surgical masks in January and February to send to her family in Hong Kong at our expense. We’re rationing the remainder to immunocompromised friends and use a very small amount for ourselves (especially when she goes to interpret in hospitals) . I mostly stay home. We lucked out.

If we run out I have fabric for novelty handkerchiefs that I can use as a bandana or sew into one. I’ve heard of sewing pipe cleaner into the top to form to the nose.

1 Like

And the line won’t move at all because I’m in it

1 Like

My mom sews and the church asked her to sew masks and donate them to people that need them. She took two of my old Ute tee shirts white and red and sewed me two of them.

My wife found a pattern online somewhere and has been sewing them like mad for all her co-workers.

I haven’t left the house in a few weeks, so I don’t have my own yet.

Masks? For what? Oh… are there really people out there who still believe the hype?

1 Like

Hype? Wow!

Was just in Taiwan a couple of months ago and pretty much everyone wore mask on the subway. There’s a reason for a city/country of such high density it did not have to quarantine healthy people – people are more considerate. Plenty of studies have shown masks do help, especially in protecting others. It’s nothing close to 100% (around 50%, I think), but still helps.

3 Likes

I guess you haven’t seen any version of this hot mic footage anywhere yet. Or maybe think it is fake somehow? And haven’t seen or believe any of any number of other contradicting evidence.

I don’t want to be rude or be argumentative here – there is just no point. To each’s own. I’ll just leave with these links.

That’s cool. I don’t doubt masks are helpful for preventing spread of contagious disease. But I do doubt spuriously made claims by people on tv who are paid millions to say whatever they are told to say. Especially when there is contradictory evidence of the claims they make. After all, in every contradiction there is either a lie or a mistake somewhere.

1 Like

An international lie is a very remarkable thing. Please don’t buy into ANYTHING you see in the dumpster fire of American culture.

“hot mic”. Are you trolling?

2 Likes

Please don’t remove it.