What will happen to Utah Baseball once the Bees move to South Jordan?

I’m going to still hope for them being the Fighting Brine, that way my kid could get some bucks selling them to the trademark he owns on Saltair FC stuff.

3 Likes

That would be Traperzz

You’re welcome. :wink:

5 Likes

My friends son pitches for the AA Arkansas Travelers, they just lost to a team with the best name in baseball. the Amarillo Sod Poodles

5 Likes

much too militant. should be the “live and let live brine shrimp.”

3 Likes

UDOT would build a freeway the entire width of the valley if they could. That would eliminate traffic jams, right? Right?

3 Likes

They are the definitive, “When your only tool is a hammer …” organization. Their plan to widen I-15 from SL to Farmington has nearly doubled in cost. They just added more lanes like 15 years ago. It never ends. With a $4B price tag for the road I’d suggest double tracking Frontrunner the whole way to Ogden and having it run every 15 minutes six days per week and every 30 min on Sundays would be a better investment.

7 Likes

That would make sense, so they won’t do it.

6 Likes

It’s that lack of planning that chased me out of Utah. The people of that state (not necessarily all of you) are hellbent on destroying it. When the Salt Lake Valley is completely full, they’ll just march on westward, turning the Basin and Range into the Sprawl and Wasteland.

4 Likes

Sorry but the best name in baseball is the Macon Bacon

2 Likes

That process is already happening. Used to be one could travel a lone highway from Lehi over past Saratoga Springs into Stockton and Tooele. VERY different now.

1 Like

I stand corrected ! That is now the best name in baseball. :pig::pig2:

Utah politicians gotta keep the contractors well fed. ROI

2 Likes

There was a hockey team at one time in Macon called the Macon Whoopees.

3 Likes

Most Utah politicians are contractors or real estate developers

1 Like

I sill have one of those gold mylar streamers from opening day against the Edmonton Trappers… one of 3 canadian PCL teams… all ended up bailing on Canada… Very sad.

1 Like

Yup. 1 out of 4 state legislators is involved in real estate development.

2 Likes

As I understand it, that’s why the prison was moved. Money to be made developing the south end of the valley where the prison was.

4 Likes

The reason it moved was because Spence Eccles wouldn’t give money for a new building.

3 Likes