What will happen to Utah Baseball once the Bees move to South Jordan?

Serious question…how does the stadium provide potable water when the providers of said water that serves the footprint are oversubscribed against their watershed ownership?

Answer: they don’t.

6 Likes

So they are basically Washington County.

1 Like

Announcement coming soon?

https://twitter.com/MarkHarlan_AD/status/1636446296277147648?s=20

New facility is approved.

University of Utah board of trustees approve plans for new baseball stadium on campus | KSL.com

1 Like

That’s great news. Great location. Cozier seating. Great views of the mountains.

Definitely the improvement the team needed in light of the closure of Smith’s Ballpark.

6 Likes

I personally think this is the perfect solution, and could not be more pleased it is the outcome. I’ll be taking all my (as yet unborn) grandkids there later in this next decade as it gets established and they arrive :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Construction for the new stadium is officially out for bid.
https://www.bidsync.com/bidsync-app-web/vendor/links/BidDetail.xhtml?bidid=2121234&roundId=null

1 Like

Something to look forward to. Derks Field (whatever it’s ever changing name is) has such wonderful views of the Wasatch, but far too large for our typical crowds and having a stadium with about 1200 seats would be much better for crowd atmosphere.

1 Like

Their new Bees fan base will be from Northwestern Utah County and Southwestern SL County. People who have attended Bees games for years and who live in Salt Lake or parts north are not going to drive to Daybreak. They will, however, drive to the U. campus and watch the Utes.

5 Likes

They’ll also drive to north temple to watch MLB

That being said I will miss the current field.

I oversaw construction of the field, and, actually installed the original mound and home plate myself.

4 Likes

Of course. But that’s still a yet-to-be-realized dream. (Unless I’ve missed something.)

There’s a lot of smoke.

We’ll see when the fire comes, but I’m thinking it’s closer than many thought

1 Like

I just read that Salt Lake continues to be a good candidate for expansion with Nashville. I think I read that on ESPN or Fox Sports.

Still no clue what’s going on with the A’s.

The Millers own the land underneath and around the new stadium; they want the stadium there to increase the surrounding values. Everntually there will be a lot of familes out there, but i agree with you I would never go to another bees game. Its a lot further than USANA, and I wont go there. Cross our fingers that we get MLB in five years. Sounds like the odds are getting beterr and better.

If Utah ever got an MLB team, wouldn’t that kill the Bee’s? I wonder how the Miller’s would feel about that?

Something that has been lacking for about half a century is a freeway in the south part of the valley running east and west. Up north there are I-80 and 21st south (201). But try to get from Sandy/Draper out to Daybreak/Herriman and it’s an endless gauntlet of traffic lights.

3 Likes

UDOT really screwed up by building the mtn view corridor so close to Bangerter, and now converting Bangerter into a freeway.

2 Likes

I think that would be great.

Millers would own interests in both teams. Have said the Bees would be the AAA affiliate for the mlb team, which people have said might be named the Trappers

2 Likes