What was the moment you knew you had found your life partner?

When it became clear that she believes in commitment, and that when people are married they need to work hard to get through difficulties. And she has held to that belief for 42+ years.

Also, we liked all the same things, and wanted all the same things out of life.

We were married eight months after our first date.

3 Likes

Didn’t take long. I was attracted to two things about her immediately. She was quick to laugh and smile and slow to anger. And I could tell she was a force. Both those things are true today, 38 years later. Even though we were young, once we learned we were also compatible on the big issues, it was game over. We both wanted a temple marriage. Both loved all things The U . Both wanted to wait a few years for kids. Wanted additional schooling. I got my masters and she got her PhD. Both lean politically conservative. Both are capitalists. Agreed to family size. Even today, she’s just really good to me. I can’t remember the last time she got after me. Has to be at least 20 years or more. Also blessed we’ve never struggled marriage-wise.

3 Likes

At the apartment complex pool (Incline Terrace) a young lady invited me to her birthday party, didn’t know anybody else there and people were hanging out in cliques, her older sister invited 2-3 of us to join her at a private disco downtown (The Iron Horse). I was wearing a T-Shirt, blue jeans, and running shoes. Noticed a pretty lady sitting at a table and asked her to dance, she gave me an I don’t think so look, which I took as a NO. After her brief hesitation we danced and then talked until the 2:00 am closing. About 18 months later in a clearing amongst the trees below Alta’s Ballroom run, I asked her to marry me. That was 43 years ago.

5 Likes

I haven’t despite being married three times with three daughters. I’ll probably be dead before I figure this out.