What are your Top 4 New TV Shows of 2020

Since Spotify gave my year end music I thought I would give my four year end tv shows (that debuted in 2020). This year in order my #1 is Ted Lasso on AppleTV. #2 is Queen’s Gambit on Netflix. #3. Perry Mason on HBO and #4. Is Mrs. America on Hulu. If you have not watched any of them start with Ted Lasso. We all deserve something good and right in our lives. Ted Lasso fits the bill.

Bonus Show: Lovecraft Country.

Did I miss a new series? Give me something to watch for the next couple months.

We have been missing a good show to binge/watch since GOT ended. We just started Your Honor last night on Showtime, and the first episode was pretty good. We shall see.

1 Like

I loved “Servant” on Apple+. There isn’t a big payoff at the end but the buildup was creepy and weird. Hopefully the second season explains more of what the hell was happening.

Avoid “Raised By Wolves” on HBO at all costs. The first 9 episodes were so well done and the finale was one of the worst things I have ever seen. My husband and I both looked at the screen and said “what the f was that”? I have never seen a series that the finale ruined everything that came before it as much as this did.

2 Likes

“Aunty Donna’s Big 'Ol House of Fun” (Netflix) was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Completely absurd, totally random sketch comedy from a group of Australian dudes. Think Monty Python meets Pee-Wee’s Playhouse with Deadpool’s mouth. Won’t be for everyone, but I thought it was hilarious.

Not new, but I’ve been watching “Kim’s Convenience” (Netflix). Canadian sitcom about a Korean family running a convenience store in Toronto. I normally hate sitcoms, but this one is so well done and so funny that I’ve stuck with it for three seasons. Can’t recommend it highly enough.

1 Like

I just found “The Expanse” on Amazon Prime. Why didn’t anyone ever tell me about this one?

3 Likes

Hey, I actually watched a season of that! It was fun for a while, but I eventually lost interest.

2 Likes

Best sci-fi on TV right now, by a very wide margin. It’s amazing. It also gets even better once it switched from SyFy to Amazon in Season 4.

New season just started too! I can’t wait to jump in.

3 Likes

One of my favorite shows. Watched the 3 seasons on SyFy and then they were going to cancel and Bezos jumped in and bought it (one of his favorite shows). Really well made and fun to watch. Just started season 5. One reason to keep Prime for me (my wife likes the quicker free shipping).

1 Like

I watched “the undoing” on HBO because of the hype. It was ok/good until the last episode which was terrible. Don’t waste your time.

After a 15 season run, Supernatural had a very fitting finale.

Vikings season 6 part 2 came out today. End of the series. Amazon Prime.

1 Like