Welcome from a Cyclone fan

I value Utah joining the Big 12 as a must. We need teams that can step up and lead the conference

6 Likes

Obviously we Ute fans hope that it’s our program that steps up and leads.

Welcome to UFN. We like it when fans of other teams come by and interact. We like to know about other programs, and local customs. We hope that we can pass the same on to others. Stick around you’ll find fans from Florida, Alabama, even BYU and U$C.

1 Like

Welcome to the board!

2 Likes

Welcome to the board. Iowa State was a unique experience when we played there many years ago. We got up so big in the first half a lot of the fans left and went to partying at the tailgate rather than watch the rest of the game.

For the record, I remember more than a few seasons where we were in that boat back in the 1980’s. As my father was born and mostly raised in Northern Iowa, it might be worth the road trip sooner than later.

Anyway, welcome.

1 Like

While the game itself was a bit ugly for the Cyclone team/fans, our fan interactions in Ames were amazingly positive… hard to believe it was 13 years ago already!

Welcome aboard, and I’ve already joined Cyclone Fanatic board… is there another one you would recommend, or is that pretty much it?

2 Likes

Welcome William!

Whatever you do, don’t tell the BYU fans you said that to us. They’re a high-strung, anxious group of finger-nail biters over there, and it would prompt a big emotional outburst that really isn’t good for anybody.

9 Likes

Welcome to Utefans! And thanks for stopping by!

As a Midwestern Ute fan, I am pretty excited about the Utes joining the Big XII. I really enjoyed my trip to Ames when the Utes played Iowa State several years ago, and I am looking forward to my next visit.

Good luck this year!

2 Likes

C’mon man. I’m hoping my Cyclones lead the conference. No reason we can’t.

5 Likes

That

is the understatement of the year… I still have nightmares of Shakey Smithson running back basically every punt for a TD… :neutral_face:

4 Likes

We are so much different than we played Utah back under Rhoads. That game was one of many bitchslappings back then.

What’s the deal with your hatred for the Mormons? I thought they were supposed to be friendly or something?

Certainly no hatred of members of the local dominant religion (after all a great many Utah fans belong to that faith).

What many of us resent is that some (not all) fans of a particular school exhibit an attitude that they are morally superior because of their affiliation to that religion and many Utah fans who are church members are made to feel they aren’t living true to their faith if they don’t follow that other school.

9 Likes

Well put, UFS79!

If you hang around here and pick up on the animosity between Utah & BYU, many of the Ute fans with the most intense dislike for BYU are LDS, themselves. The rivalry is very complicated… and intense.

Here on this board and I think among Ute fans in general, there may be some animosity toward the LDS church here and there, but here we’re united in our support of the U, really don’t get into the religious stuff.

Life and let live… especially among Utah fans.

5 Likes

That feels a little bogus…

It’s odd, but not bogus. You’ll learn as you spend time in conference with BYU. To get an idea, go to any fan board of other conferences that BYU has been in (WCC, MWC, WAC), or if you want to have some fun go to cougarboard. It gets really odd in there. Warning, if you go to cougarboard, expect to lose a few brain cells.

2 Likes

Just wait til the provostan faithful makes it to Ames. You’ll understand. God help us if they find even a modicum of success. I’m excited for Utah’s trips out there. I love me some Casey’s breakfast pizza and tenderloin sandwiches…

3 Likes

I think there’s maybe a generational aspect, too. If you grew up in Utah non-LDS (back in the day), you might have accumulated some “opinions” about things. There are folks who grew up LDS who have gone in a different direction who likewise have maybe some salty opinions. I think among 20-somethings, more and more aren’t judgmental toward others, because everyone’s on a different path in life. (Honestly, I don’t pay attention.)

On this board we’re all a bit more seasoned. Life’s just too short for that kind of stuff.

Are there Utah fans who are hard core anti-LDS? Of course… but if they’re dishing out some angry opinions, they’re going to be alienating a lot of fellow Ute fans, so airing your grievances among Utah athletics fans is just not wise.

Though I’m not LDS, I see far less of LDS Ute fans being condescending toward others, to the point I don’t think it really exists, and even in the day probably was far less prevalent because the U has been a secular school for well over 120 years, probably longer.

A long and complicated history to all this…

4 Likes

byu fan masquerading as a Cyclone fan no doubt

4 Likes

Nah, I met him over on CycloneFantatic earlier today. Definitely not a cooger in disguise! I told him a few of his brethren had been here and had invited us over.
Welcome JM4CY!

5 Likes

It has no equal. You must also like getting this sh*ts

1 Like

Considering I just learned today that a cooter meant something other than a vagina, I think your wrong.

3 Likes