Week 3 AP & Coaches

Coaches Poll hasn’t hit yet but y’all rightly leapfrogged Bama.

What jackass coach is casting a single vote for BYU? Seriously? Might as well be giving Colorado a number 1 vote with that sort of logic…

4 Likes

I watched the Zoobs play and they looked pretty good. It was disappointing as I expected Arkansas to put it to them.

3 Likes

Why is Clemson still in the top 25

2 Likes

This could be said about Alabama and a bunch of others at the moment. The only reason is the talent on the roster makes it where you gotta assume all the teams CAN end strong. I would not be shocked if FSU or Miami gets knocked off by Clemson.

All 4 of the 1-loss teams in the AP poll are from the SEC. Interesting.

4 Likes

with losses to other Top 25 teams. It’s September though. No way bad teams stay in the top 25. It is the first time in 128 weeks since Alabama has been outside the top 10. That is probably the only reason they are still in top 20.

4 Likes

So what’s going on with Alabama this season? Obviously, the QB play is surprisingly bad. What else? I actually read that some fans, unbelievably, are calling for Saban to resign.

2 Likes

Coaches have us 10th (sorry if already posted).

I’m still keeping the Kool-Aid locked up.

2 Likes

I like Saban and admire their program, but I am no expert about the Tide. I heard a college football guru on Riley’s show say that Coach Saban has lost a lot of strength from his coaching staff. I have no idea if that’s true, but we have seen that happen to top-tier head coaches, That’s why such coaches have large coaching trees–their assistants are in demand.

@BamaFanNKY, what say you?

I respect your opinion and sincerely hope you are wrong.

1 Like

The only fans calling for him to be fired are the ones whose whole being are wrapped in their fandom, so idiots. As for what’s wrong. They just had 4 NFL QBs come through. They just don’t have that right now. They are trying to play “bully ball” and their OL is massive but not clicking and giving up to much pressure when they want to pass to set up the run.

I think having a Bill O’Brein the past couple of seasons also hurt. Tommy Rheas may be able to correct that. Oddly, the defense is pretty great. So if they can get the OL issues fixed. Learn to play to Milroe’s strengths and run the ball they most likely will win out and give UGA a great shot in the SEC title game.

They have an 18/19 year old at LT who can be great when he figures it out. I think the issue we’re seeing is we didn’t get a great QB for this season and they need to adjust the offense. If they possess the ball and control the clock they have the defense to win all the games in the most boring way possible. Vintage Bama!

1 Like

This was the same thing with Saban’s first team, the Sugar Bowl team that played Utah, wasn’t it. OL was young and or not in synch, but the offense was good enough (cough, Julio Jones and Mark Ingram, cough) to make the Sugar Bowl at all. Or am I misremembering.

1 Like

Nah, the Sugar Bowl team was kinda trash even compared to this team. Jalen Milroe is more talented than John Parker Wilson. The defense on this team is very good and the one in 2009 Sugar Bowl was either young or old holdovers from a subpar Alabama staff. This team doesn’t have a strong QB but they have talent. The OL is tweaking.

Do I think this team can make the playoff? Talent wise, yes. Will they? Probably not. The change of staff so often due to hiring has been a big issue. I don’t always agree with Josh Pate but this is probably a very good summary of the issue:

1 Like